Problem: Admin/Backend login redirect in version 1.4.1

PROBLEM: When trying to login as Admin on the backend of my v1.4.1 shop, I get no error message but I keep being redirect to the login page and my URL end with this: "/login.php?redirect=index.php". There is no way to reach the backend at all.

I know this issue has been flagged many times. But for what I'm reading, it is supposed to have been fixed in version 1.4.1.

Since I'm on a shared hosting plan on Godaddy, I've tried the solution posted here ( http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-1439 ) without success.

Actualy, the issue appeared to me with 1.4.0.17 and after reading about the fix on 1.4.1, I did the upgrade. But I'm still stucked with the problem.

Anybody able to help me with this?

Kind Regards,

Hi,

this is not the same problem because there was a redirection loop (and it was unable to see the login form )

Can you check in your file config/settings.inc.php the root directory specified (this should be the directory of your shop, not your admin) ? And what about deleting all your cookies related to your site ?

Also did you installed prestashop from a domain name and now use an other one (this include subdomain, like the example.com/www.example.com) ?

If all of this don't solve your problem, can you please send me a private message with your ftp access so I can check what's wrong.

Can you check in your file config/settings.inc.php the root directory specified (this should be the directory of your shop, not your admin) ?

It looks OK. The root of my shop is at '/prestashop/'. Here's how it looks in my "config/settings.inc.php":

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/');

And what about deleting all your cookies related to your site ?

I did this already + I tried with 3 different browsers.

Also did you installed prestashop from a domain name and now use an other one (this include subdomain, like the example.com/www.example.com) ?

No it is the exact same server+domain+directory that the 1.4.0.17 was installed on.

If all of this don't solve your problem, can you please send me a private message with your ftp access so I can check what's wrong.

OK. I'll do that. Thank you so much for your help.

Hello,

I don't know if you solved your problem here, but I managed to work it out as I faced it myself:

It definitely was a cookie issue:
Avoid any special char in url (or chech your url) > I was working locally in a sub-folder containing '@': it lead to a wrong cookie path because that '@' symbol was recorded as '@' instead of @ (of course…)

hops this helps.

Hello,

I don't know if you solved your problem here, but I managed to work it out as I faced it myself:

It definitely was a cookie issue:
Avoid any special char in url (or chech your url) > I was working locally in a sub-folder containing '@': it lead to a wrong cookie path because that '@' symbol was recorded as '@' instead of @ (of course…)

hops this helps.

Hi misterploploop,

I don't have any special character in my URL. I only have letters and numbers.

I appreciate your solution proposal!

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello Dear PrestaShop Support Team,

I faced problem of redirect admin page to index page, after login admin page when i upload any file or update any module after few minutes page redirect to Index page again and again. Please solve my problem

my shop is www.eshope.pk