[Solved] Question: Requesting password gives error: Error - password_query.txt missing

Eli Starman

Hello Prestashop Community,

I just recently installed 1.4.1.0 and noticed that when requesting my password, I get the error:
Error - The following email template is Missing: /home/crescent/public_html/shop/mails/en/password_query.txt

But, if you were to go to http://crescentmedical.com/shop/mails/en/password_query.txt, it's right there!

Does anyone know what I've managed to do wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

Me again. Well, I started thinking about this problem, which is in itself a problem because the neighbors thought my house was on fire what with all the smoke...

Anyway, I thought to myself: "Self, let me put the old mail folder that comes with the default installation back in, (as I had modified my store's email files and was replacing the installed mails folder with my store's modified one) and see how that works. Well, wouldn't you know it, it all worked like a charm...

So, this leads me to believe that someone changed something, about how the mail works somewhere, and didn't bother to tell me about it! Or, perhaps they did but I didn't read it in the README...

I hope this helps anyone else who similarly encounters this perplexing issue.

My advice to myself at this point is to merge the folders and see if they all jive. If not, I'll merely redo my mail customizations, but either way-- I believe my issue is solved.

Thank you Prestashop Community. Good luck and good fortune to one and all.