Preorder Problem

I am running an online business which contains preorders.

Preorders are the ordering of products prior to the release date.

The problem I have is if the customer was to order a preorder product and a product that is not a preorder product, the freight is calculated with them together. However if the preorder item didn't come out for weeks I would have to send out the non preorder item immediatly. This may cause me to lose money on the freight as it would not be calculated for 2 seperate shipments.

However this would also be affected if the customer was to order 2 preorder items which could be coming out at the same time or near the same time and also ordering a non preorder product. The non preorder product is shipped by it self and the other 2 preorders would be shipped together so it would be 2 freight rates, which may be different, but not 2 rates.

Also when the release date of the product occurs it should no longer be preorder, or maybe about 3 to 5 days before.

I am unsure how to place such a system on the PrestaShop website. Also a button saying "Pre-order Now!" on preorder items instead of "add to cart" might be appropriate.

Any suggestions on how to do such a thing.

It would help by displaying the products, however it does not answer the problem of the customer being able to purchase the products prior to a release date, with specific postage higher enough to fulfill, the delivery of the preorder items purchased for their own release dates. These release dates should be the "expected release date" as these dates may change without notice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...