polyhedron

[MODULE] Google Merchant Center Feed Builder v0.1

I have a first run module available for download. It builds an xml feed for submitting to google base. It has all the required fields needed to be acceptable. I will be adding some extras to it in the future.

It's simple to install and configure.

Just download the .zip file -> extract it then upload the whole folder "googlemerchant" into the modules directory.

Then after that login to your admin go to the modules tab. Open the SEO Section and click install.

The module will install.

Configure and then click update your feed.

Then you can click on the xml link to download your google merchant feed.

After that, all you have to do is manually upload the product feed to your google merchant account.

The code is a little dirty, but it works.

45637_N11fzVrPriFFpq18aSkM_t

45638_PEm0eTZu8xiFbkss1gRn_t

googlemerchant.zip

• Like 4

Thanks for this. I am testing it in Australia. Can you give any explanation on the "preferred GTIN" option in your module? Do I need to choose anything in particular?

Preferred GTIN is just whether or not you would use EAN13 or UPC when you manage your products. I personally use UPC only, so I submit the UPC.

See
http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=188494&expand=AU

GTIN is one of the most important parts of your feed when getting listed on google product search. Without it you probably won't make it up to the top of the product search listings on google.

- Matt

I see that you make hand made items, so you won't need gtin. If you don't have UPCs for your products, just choose none.

GTIN is one of the most important parts of your feed when getting listed on google product search. Without it you probably won't make it up to the top of the product search listings on google.

- Matt

But google merchant says EAN code is recommended but don´t is required. Possibly your searches are less effective but… Really the customer write EAN code in google to search products of his interest? Do you checked that your items aren´t visible if don´t include the EAN code?
Thanks very much for your contribution

If you upload a product without a gtin, you will ***most likely*** fall out of any grouped listings. Whether or not you used ean or upc is up to you to decide. I cannnot vouch for all countries. I know that here in the US, UPC seems to be the most effective.

In most cases for your listing to be grouped with others, you will need a gtin that matches the others. The products with valid gtins seem to be the ones that bubble to the top of product listings. Most likely, these items that are bubbled to the top also are grouped.

For example. When I search for fishing rods on google products. I get a listing at the top that has a button to compare pricing. When I click on that, I get one product available from multiple manufactures. From some split testing that I've done, it seems the most effective way to get grouped at the top with others is to include the gtin. It also displays this information on the bottom of the page of valid gtin numbers.

See attached images.

45872_OMKGTPYKKziLXY5INxyE_t

45873_RS5XOdFi23z4vCnPLyNk_t

thanks very much for share this info. And UPC and P/N (serial number) is the same or is necessary include both for your module?

I am getting the following warnings for all products. Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Missing recommended attribute: brand (157 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.
Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight (157 warnings)

While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.
Missing recommended attribute: mpn (157 warnings)

Missing recommended attribute: product type (157 warnings)

Hi, I notice the feed does not contain shipping weight or, quantity - two fields which are available in the prestashop product page and considered very important to google. Is their a reason for this?

Hi, will your module work with prestashop v 1.1?

Thanks

awesome ill test on this new setup i have for a tshirt shop with a daily update to its inventory by cron-

ill post results after i finish

I am getting the following warnings for all products. Can anyone advise me on what to do?<br/><br/>Missing recommended attribute: brand (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: mpn (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: product type (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

Ever work this one out? Same issue...

Where do you paste this? If i put the XML in Merchant feed it says no special characters allowed, so no forward slash? lol I must be missing something simple here because you cant have url without one.

Hi there,

is it possible, that this module still tries to export the image link the old way?

I'm using PS 1.4.3 and the image link has changed...

Any chances to get an update?

Cheers...

I would be interested in getting the picture code updated for 1.4.3 as well. I have yet to find a good product feed that includes the needed perameters, AND uses the correct picture location.

Thanks.

I am getting the following warnings for all products. Can anyone advise me on what to do?<br/><br/>Missing recommended attribute: brand (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: shipping weight (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: mpn (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.<br/>157<br/>Missing recommended attribute: product type (157 warnings)<br/><br/>While items missing recommended attributes will process successfully, we recommend including relevant attributes if they are available.

Ever work this one out? Same issue...

with the xml file generated under items does it include the tags that are producing the warnings above for your products .. i.e

<g:mpn>the item mpn</g:mpn>

'some modules may get this dynamically from product ids, references etc'

<g:brand>the item brand</g:brand>

'this may be dynamically gotten from manufacturer of the product if this allocated to your product'

<g:shipping_weight>item weight</g:shipping_weight>

'should be from your weight allocated in your product page'

<g:product_type>the item type</g:products_type>

'maybe linked to your category'

also some may most probably will get a warning for the

<g:google_product_category>this is the google specific category</g:google_product_category>

' see http://www.google.com/support/merchants/bin/answer.py?answer=160081 for google categories '

best way is to see how the module you are using are actually generating the required tags maybe you are missing information required in your product information, or even if they have the required tags needed for your requirements on google base.

Cheers

Is this module still good?

An email from Google Merchant told me that my feed contains too many capitol letters. Is there a way to modify the description and the product title mantaining only the first letter as capitol?

Thank you.

Hey polyhedron,

will you update your module with the new Google requirements?

tnx

This modual now gets rejected from google. It isn't up to date with new requirements.

Whilst it is accepted by google - I have errors with availabiltiy not being shown for all products. Using version 1.462

I have version 1.4.3 and it doesn´t work correctly on it. It doesn´t upload pictures.

I know, where is the problem, but I don´t know, how it change to it works correctly.

Problem is here: $feedStr .= '<g:image_link>'.'http://' . $this->_host . __PS_BASE_URI__ . 'img/p/'.$image[0]['id_product'].'-'.$image[0]['id_image'].'-large.jpg'."</g:image_link>\n";

It gives URL like this: http://www.pradlo-am...9-218-large.jpg

But the true URL is like this: http://www.pradlo-am...plet-kharis.jpg

How it rewrite to it could find the right picture for the Google Merchant?

Thanks for tips

for the new image storage.

. "<g:image_link>".($link->getImageLink($Product['link_rewrite'], $image[0]['id_image'], 'large'))."</g:image_link>\n"

"large" can possibly change in small or medium.

$image[0] = the first image with the product

• Like 1

On my version of prestashop1.4.7.3 does not work.I tried a new install goes with my online store but no!

The errorr is:

Fatal error

: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

does anyone have any idea on this?

. "<g:image_link>".($link->getImageLink($Product['link_rewrite'], $image[0]['id_image'], 'large'))."</g:image_link>\n"

Hi there,

first of all i wanna say thank you for the efforts you put in this module!

I'm using Prestashop Version: 1.4.8.2 with URL-rewrite and the installation and feed creation works great.

The only problem is that the scirpt doesn't get the pictures in the feed.

I tried it also with the changed line:

"<g:image_link>".($link->getImageLink($Product['link_rewrite'], $image[0]['id_image'], 'large'))."</g:image_link>\n"

and also with:

"<g:image_link>".($link->getImageLink($product['link_rewrite'], $image[0]['id_image'], 'large'))."</g:image_link>\n"

which both didn't show up the pictures in the feed.

I would appreciate some help! :)

Thank you.

Cheers

Edited by world-labels (see edit history)

@world-labels

Hi,

The link worked for me still in version 1.4.8.2.

admin > Preferences > image > images types

do you have a image type which is named: "large" ?

otherwise, you can try with: "medium".

"<g:image_link>".($link->getImageLink($Product['link_rewrite'], $image[0]['id_image'], 'medium'))."</g:image_link>\n"

Do you have multiple languages ​​installed on the shop? If So.....

$image = Image::getImages(intval($this->_cookie->id_lang), $Product['id_product']);

change to:

$image = Image::getImages(intval("14"), $Product['id_product']);

14 is the number of my country. change de number to yours country ID.

Daan

Edited by petrovv (see edit history)

Hi Daan,

thank you for the quick reply!

But it's still not working for me.

In the feed for example it says for the image link the following:

<g:image_link>http://www.mysite.com/53-large/.jpg</g:image_link>

And the correct link would be:

http://www.mysite.com/13-53-large/stunt-kite-flame-dual-control.jpg

Do you know what's wrong and what to change to get the correct image links?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Michael

Hello

It works in 1.5.2, but Google does not accept my product, someone has come back?

Erreurs dans l'article 406 articles concernés

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Informations sur la livraison manquantes. (203 erreurs qui concernent uniquement Google Shopping, Search API for Shopping)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut obligatoire manquant : availability (203 erreurs qui concernent uniquement Google Shopping, Search API for Shopping)

Avertissements concernant les articles 823 articles concernés

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut recommandé manquant : brand (203 avertissements)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut recommandé manquant : mpn (203 avertissements)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut recommandé manquant : google product category (203 avertissements)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut recommandé manquant : product type (203 avertissements)

1371408987-v2-blank.gif Attribut recommandé manquant : description (11 avertissements)

The module installed but was timing out when I go to open module. Well if this helps anyone the feed actually did populate even though i can't reach it through my modules.

Just put your web site ___________________en_googlebase.xml and you can view it there.

Maybe this will help someone like me. I have a million errors according to google. So don't feel bad if it laughed at you too.

With this module and the other free ones like it they don't generate all the required tags. You can find the required feed data here.

http://support.googl...nswer=188494#US

as far as the BRAND, GTIN, and MPN goes you need to have two of the three and don't need it for "created" products so if your product has a UPC or MPN or EAN or any of the others not adding it will not work. Basically this module and the other free ones are good for generating a partial list you'll have to manually edit the xml file and add the other requirements before Google will accept the feed, additionally the ID can't be the same for any products even if it's in another feed of yours. Good Luck I am almost done creating mine, it was a lot of work!

post-149621-0-55070300-1365181491_thumb.png

It runs but is missing availability tags.

Hi, this works in presta 1.5.4?

Thanks

Very good module works perfect on PS 1.5

Thanks

Very good module works perfect on PS 1.5

Thanks

Any help or suggestions on the successful use of the module would be greatly appreciated.

Bitmess

Is it possible to get the product reference or supplier reference in some way, for the MPN-reference in the feed?

Thanks

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module DbPDO:
Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes)

Module InstaLled when clicking configure I am getting this error Please help

Many Thanks in Advance

Does anyone know how to get this module to add a 'availability', 'identifier exists', or 'product type' or 'product category' into the XML?   I would also like to know how to add them manually.  

I have a very large inventory that I haven't been able to download through a CSV, otherwise I would just export the CSV and edit it.  

Thanks for any help!

(using 1.5.4.1)

Thank you polyhedron for this module, it is sincerely appreciated! For those who are wondering, yes this still works for 1.6.0.9.

I am willing to develop this module further, accrediting polyhedron. I've already updated the UI with Prestashop 1.6. At the moment images are not correctly linked if you have SEO friendly URLs enabled, I'm currently working on a fix; UPDATE I've fixed this. I've updated the code with the latest Google requirements too. Also feel free to reply with any other problem(s) with this module and I'll attempt to solve them.

I'm working on the module and I'll publish it as soon as it's ready; which unfortunately maybe some time as I'm busy with university work. :( If there is no demand for it either, I may not release it; since releasing it to the public would require additional effort(s) in ensuring compatibility with users from different regions, and those who offer different range of products.

All the best.

Edited by AUllah (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi!

I would highly appreciate if you could send me the modul as soon it is available for PS 1.6.0.9

Thanks for your great work...

• Like 1

Thank you polyhedron for this module, it is sincerely appreciated! For those who are wondering, yes this still works for 1.6.0.9.

I am willing to develop this module further, accrediting polyhedron. I've already updated the UI with Prestashop 1.6. At the moment images are not correctly linked if you have SEO friendly URLs enabled, I'm currently working on a fix; UPDATE I've fixed this. I've updated the code with the latest Google requirements too. Also feel free to reply with any other problem(s) with this module and I'll attempt to solve them.

I'm working on the module and I'll publish it as soon as it's ready; which unfortunately maybe some time as I'm busy with university work. :( If there is no demand for it either, I may not release it; since releasing it to the public would require additional effort(s) in ensuring compatibility with users from different regions, and those who offer different range of products.

All the best.

we keep waiting

please, let us know as soon as posible

thanks a lot

just wondering where exactly does this code go in googlemerchant.php ? thanks trev