back offfice login problem, redirects

Howdy y'all,

I am so new that some of the packaging is still on me. I have installed 1.4 and I can go to the front page no problems. When I go to the back office and try to log in it acts like it is logging in and then redirects me to the log in page. I used the forgot password tool and it worked and am trying to log in with the password it gave me. When I was using the original password it was doing the same thing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

XcntrK

Lucky you, you managed to access the front office =)
(I tried the entire day. And uninstall, installed and still unable to access the front office. I get a redirected error message. Do you happen to know what went wrong?)

As for the back end. Have you delete:
"WARNING: For more security, you must delete the 'install' folder and readme files (readme_fr.txt, readme_en.txt, readme_es.txt, readme_de.txt, readme_it.txt, CHANGELOG)."

Sorry to hear that you are having such problems with your install. I am not getting any kind of error message it just goes back to the log in screen with both fiends blank. I have already deleted those files and renamed the admin file.

I hope you get your install fixed.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that helps out.

Hi!

yes i have this same exact problem. anyone know how to fix this? Can see storefront but cannot login to back office.

Hello, I have the same problem.

My situation explained:

0. Purchased RapidSSL and assigned a dedicated IP address (from my hosting provider).
0. Created database
0. Installed Prestashop
0. Deleted install folder
0. Deleted read me text files
0. Deleted the CONFIG file
0. Renamed the admin file

1. Generated .htcaccess
2. Generated .robots
3. Enabled SSL in Prestashop
4. installed another language

During the install accessing the backoffice with the new renamed admin folder, everything was Ok.
Once I logged off and cleared my cache from my browser, I see the following using Firefox (similar with Crome or Explorer):
The connection was interrupted

The connection to xxxxxxxxxxxx.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I performed 4 installs and this has happened all 4 times.

Please provide feedback if you know what I should do

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP