[Solved] MagicZoom plus: some settings don't have effect

Hi All,

I have installed the MagicZoom plus v3.1.2.3 module, but it seems that some features do not have effect on my product images. I am configuring MagicZoomplus from the BO panel (see picture).

1. I am trying, for example, to enlarge the box where my zoomed picture appears. changeing the default values from 300x300 to 600x600 does not change my FO.

is there anyway else to change this setting?

2. I also would like to get a deeper zoom of my image, where can I change this?

Thank you very much. I am still learning every day from this forum :-)

magiczoom.JPG

• Like 1

Yes - use a larger image. About 1000px should look good. Compress it to about 40% JPEG compression so that the file size is not too large.

The image zoom area can be changed to 600px by 600px (or any other size). If it does not change, please add another screenshot with your settings.

Thanks!

Thnx. I will try larger images tonight when I'm at home. I'll let you know....

By the way: clicking the image does also NOT expand the picture. could this also be the cause of too small images?

Strange.....According to my Modules-tab in BO I have Magic Zoom v1.3.3.1 (not installed) and Magic Zoom Plus v3.1.2.3 (installed).
When I click Configure next to the Magic Zoom Plus module, I don't get the tabs you are showing in your screenshot (see pictures.

???

45079_Fxz1r8wTk7dmrw4EuEbs_t

45080_3K9MH9Kfr476feLjWxY1_t

We treat the PrestaShop module and the Magic Zoom Plus tool separately to keep a track of features unique to the zoom tool and features unique to the PrestaShop module.

The latest version of the PrestaShop module is v4.7.2.3. New versions are released frequently (every few weeks). Upgrades to the module are free.

The latest version of Magic Zoom Plus is v2.0.12. Minor new versions are released every few months. Major new versions are released every year or two. Upgrades to minor versions are free, upgrades to major versions (e.g. v3.0) are available at 50% less than the normal price and they are optional (you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to).

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded to the new version and it works! But..... :-)

now my zoomed image-window just stays in the center column of my page, so I can just see half of the window (see screenshot). Which setting should I change? I thought it might be a z-index value, but I cannot find it.

45403_m3i5KOdzTJksE25nzZcS_t

There is an inline defined CSS rule on your page:

<!--[if !(IE 8)]>
<style type="text/css">
#center_column, #left_column, #right_column {overflow: hidden !important;}
</style>

You should remove that rule as it truncates the zoom preview window. Once you delete that, it will work.

I'm still a rookie concerning php/html etc, but where can I find this code? I did a full text search, but I cannot find it.
Tried to use firebug, but can't find it either.... :-(

Probably I am stupid (actually I am :-o ), but where can I edit the source (which file is it). When I use Ctrl-U I see the source AND the lines I should delete, but I cannot delete anything.

I tried Firebug, Dreamweaver, Notepad++, but I can not save the changes to the site. There should be an html file, isn't it?

1. Go to your page.
2. View the source (Ctrl + U).
3. Delete this code highlighted in yellow.

At this moment I'm stuck at 3.
Could you please give some more instructions to "delete" the highlighted part?

I tried to search for "removing IE conditional" and terms like this, but I cannot find a howto..

I'm glad this issue is solved.
I still don't understand why my full text search did not find the text, but that's an issue of Windows :-)

I appreciated the support for this great module.

• 2 years later...

using 1.5.6.1 and it shows up in red upgrade to full Magic Zoom Plus version I currently have 5.4.35.  Thank you in advance.

When you see red text it means you are using the trial version. Please buy a license here and then upload your licensed file.

Please contact Magic Toolbox support if you need help: https://www.magictoolbox.com/contact/

• 1 year later...