Database Configuration

I have everything listed correctly as far as data base name, etc., etc.
I am using ixwebhost for a customer. (not a host I'm as familiar with), but thinking it should be fairly easy.
Can someone please help?! Maybe I need to enter something a bit different in one of the fields? I've tried everything. What does the database engine mean? (I tried both, so I know that is not the problem, just curious) then I noticed there is also a box that says ps_ - what is that supposed to be??

this is the message I receive...

Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields.

urgh! having the same problem...I'm a complete newbie to all this!

someone please clarify the details needed for database config.

I've created a SQL db from my server cp.

Db server name: where do I find this?

On my server cp front page:
Server Name:
FVS: raven.host-ns.co.uk - I've tried this with/without FVS: Is this the Db server name? If not, where do I find it?

Db name: ok

Db Login: is this same as username? Tried using the username designated when created the Db

Db password: ok

Db Engine: Tried both MyISAM , InnoDb

One thing I thought it might be, is I created the Db after I uploaded the prestashop files to my server. Would this have something to do with it? On the install instructions, it says to do this before uploading. I'll try it out...

There's obviously something I'm not doing right, really any help appreciated!!!!

there are two types of sql, mssql wich is on a windows server and mysql on a linux server but you can install mysql on windows.
anyway i tried another ecommerce shop and my sever provider told me to change to a linux server and it would work.
i didnt want to do this so i tried this cart.
but now im thinking its the same with all ecommerce software.

can you tell me what server and sql you are using.

thanks

tim

there are two types of sql, mssql wich is on a windows server and mysql on a linux server but you can install mysql on windows.
anyway i tried another ecommerce shop and my sever provider told me to change to a linux server and it would work.
i didnt want to do this so i tried this cart.
but now im thinking its the same with all ecommerce software.

can you tell me what server and sql you are using.

thanks

tim

hmm...just trying to take all this in. My server is Freevirtualservers and they use MySQL. They also have an option to use PostgreSQL Db. So my server is linux?

MY server info:

Server Name:
FVS: raven.host-ns.co.uk
Apache Version: 1.3.41
Perl Version: 5.8.8 (view modules)
PHP Version: 5.2.10
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard

I've contacted my server about this, just waiting for them to reply.