How can i edit the theme to reflect the following

mazom

Hello All,

Pls ai am new here and also to the ecommerce platform. I need help on the following

• How do i edit homepage logo size to fit my ecommerce homepage?
  • How do i edit the footer? i tried severally but it didnt change, besides, the footer of the homepage isnt showing anymore, but other pages show footer
  • I also want to edit the size of the slider to fit my image size, right now the image size is a bit bigger than the slider size
  • Can i change the menu  category to have its component appear in vertical form(drop down) as against the horizontal listing

Would appreciate help pls

Hello 👋🏻,

everything depends mainly on what theme You're using (and version of PrestaShop), but if it's the default "Classic" theme, then I suggest:

1. Homepage Logo 
    - By adding the logo in the correct size and proportions in Design → Theme & Logo > Header Logo
    - By adding your own CSS code (in theme CSS files or using module for custom CSS/JS code)
  2. Footer
    - Go to Design → Positions and search for "Footer", you will find hooks such as displayFooter, displayFooterBefore, displayFooterProduct, displayShoppingCartFooter and modules and the modules that are connected to them like Link List  (You can enable/disable hooks or unhook modules) 
    - Depends on the theme used, Design → Theme & Logo → Pages Configuration and here You can change Footer 
  3. Slider
    - By adding your own CSS code (in theme CSS files or using module for custom CSS/JS code)
    .carousel .carousel-inner {
    // change to any height You want
        height: 340px;
    }

- Using a module with extended functionalities, for example: "Creative Slider - Responsive Slideshow" or other plugins.
  4. Menu
    #_desktop_top_menu .sub-menu > .top-menu {
    	display: flex;
    	flex-direction: column;
    }
    - Using a module with extended functionalities, for example: "Mega Menu Pro" or other plugins.

I hope my advice has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask.

Good luck! 🚀 💻 🦾 

If You're not familiar with coding, a safer way would be to install a module that allows You to add CSS code.
However, if you feel like editing the CSS files yourself, then in the example of the classic theme, the file can be found in:
/themes/classic/assets/css/theme.css

For free modules on the forum, you can find:

So sorry, i really feel awful, tried but couldnt do any

Homepage Logo 
- By adding the logo in the correct size and proportions in Design → Theme & Logo > Header Logo
- By adding your own CSS code (in theme CSS files or using module for custom CSS/JS code) -

Tried checking the CSS theme, but dont know the path to the CSS files to look at to check the settings

For the Custom CSS/JS Code, is this the module name or there is a module(if you have the name(free version pls) that i can search with from the module tool

Footer
- Go to Design → Positions and search for "Footer", you will find hooks such as displayFooter, displayFooterBefore, displayFooterProduct, displayShoppingCartFooter and modules and the modules that are connected to them like Link List  (You can enable/disable hooks or unhook modules) - Completely lost on this (The footer i am talking about here is where you have the copyright with the year and you want to put your company name) its not showing on the home page 
- Depends on the theme used, Design → Theme & Logo → Pages Configuration and here You can change Footer 

Slider

.carousel .carousel-inner { // change to any height You want height: 340px; } - I dont know where the file to add this is located

- Using a module with extended functionalities, for example: "Creative Slider - Responsive Slideshow" or other plugins.Menu - These are paid versions, startup business person here

#_desktop_top_menu .sub-menu > .top-menu { display: flex; flex-direction: column; }

- Using a module with extended functionalities, for example: "Mega Menu Pro" or other plugins.

I hope my advice has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask.

Pls if you can guide appropriately, that would help.

Thank you