[Solved] Module and Languages, How does it work?

Hi all,

I created a new module but i am stuck with the language section. How do you create your own words or translation. I don't want to create a new language Pack.
is there anyone who could explain me the following (How does it works):

for instance, i ve got this file in fr.php with

$_MODULE['<{blockcms}prestashop>blockcms_cd275312651aebf8cbbb8d3bb1c086ae'] = 'Bloc CMS';

I understood that the "$_MODULE['<{blockcms}prestashop>blockcms_" points to the 'blockcms' module, but where the 'cd275312651aebf8cbbb8d3bb1c086ae' is it coming from? i think that number is unique and related to: 'Bloc CMS'

but How do you generate that number?

You can do the translation in Back Office >>Tools>> Translations, select Module translation & click fr lang flag.
Then go to your module to be translated.After translation & press update button in bottom.
On update press, will write to fr.php in the module directory

Thank you jeevanoss.
i now understood the process. but How do I create my own lines or add a new translation? should i just create a random number form " $_MODULE[’<{blockcms}prestashop>blockcms_cd275312651aebf8cbbb8d3bb1c086ae’] " and then the system will added it up automatically?

Use the following in PHP files:

$this->l('Your text')

and the following in TPL files:

{l s='Your text' mod='yourmodulename'}

You can then go to Tools > Translations > Module translations, then the new strings should appear in your module's section. You can then enter translations for the string. You shouldn't manually edit the language files, since that is error-prone.

well thanks you all the users by providing the nice information regarding to the language tools because i was also never know that how to use these language packs through this forum and i also want to apply it on my own website which i have made and i hope now i will be successes in this way thanks for sharing the post with us

Hi,

if you want to know how that number is translated, it's based on the md5 sum of the english [removed]which is in the tpl or/and php files, when you use what rocky said.

be careful, problem may happen if you use double-quotes instead of simple quotes

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Use the following in PHP files:

$this->l('Your text')

and the following in TPL files:

{l s='Your text' mod='yourmodulename'}

You can then go to Tools > Translations > Module translations, then the new strings should appear in your module's section. You can then enter translations for the string. You shouldn't manually edit the language files, since that is error-prone.

Hi Rocky!!!

Your solution looks great but i can't totally understand where to update php files?? I have made custom footer in my site and used English names of them. But they are not translated by other languages. Please elaborates the steps

Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...