Force compile not working

Hey there guys,
It's 2 days i'm wondering why the force compile option in presta 1.4.1 doesn't work for me. Whenever i edit a tpl file, i have to manually delete all files in the "compile" folder, otherwise modifications won't show up. Anybody facing the same issue?
Thanks in advance

Did you mean you have set "Force Compile" at back office at following location?

Preference tab
Performance sub tab

It is weird if you have set it correctly.

Try to set to off , save and then set to on and save again.

i have a trouble as well with force compile with prestashop 1.4.1

if i say yes to force compile, my website is blank page, but if i select no, my website is back to normal. any idea what the problem might be? thanks!

EDIT i've found out, just a bad tpl, i replaced it, now it's working fine.

I am glad you figured it out by yourself and thanks for you feedback.

if i say yes to force compile, my website is blank page, but if i select no, my website is back to normal. any idea what the problem might be? thanks!

Just for your reference.
Basically it means that there are some error occurs and it only uses old cached page.
You can turn on display_errors in /config/config.inc.php, it will give you some clue to fix your problem.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for advices. I have the same problem. After turn force compile on - i have a blank page. I turned on display_errors in config.inc.php and this is what i get :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/modules/jbx_menu/menu_tree.tpl" on line 23 "{foreach from=$item.childrens item=item name=menuTreeChildrens}" item variable 'item' may not be the same variable as at 'from'' in /home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:431 Stack trace: #0 /home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compile_foreach.php(40): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('item variable '...', 23) #1 /home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(284): Smarty_Internal_Compile_Foreach->compile(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler), Array, NULL, NULL) #2 /home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(123): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->callTagCompiler('foreach', Ar in /home/data/html/capacky.sk/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 431

I have no idea what does it mean.....

Does anybody know? thank you.

• 10 months later...

I had a similar issue (i.e. When "forcing Compile", part of the page did not appear).

For me it was an issue with some inline javascript we had added. It did not compile well in Smarty.

I found out when I turned on the display_errors in /config/config.inc.php

Removing it or using the {literal} {/literal} tags around the code fixed it.

• 1 year later...