Subcategories Keep Duplicating!

I recently upgraded to PS 1.4.1 - and now when I import a new category CSV file - all the subcategories get duplicated! I've deleted all categories and started from scratch - yet they still duplicate. This never happened in 1.4.0

They aren't showing up as duplicates in Catelog>Tracking.... very odd - and frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

44635_UrQbb49yJOSswLrSuC9R_t

I figured out the problem... I think.

Seems category_group in MySQL was duplicating everything (not sure if the "delete all categories" function when importing categories was tackling this table).

I set it from index to unique - then re-imported the categories CSV... no more duplicates.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the same thing in my category tree...but only the items I used the import on got duplicated. The categories and subcategories that were manually created in the BO look fine.

This appeared immediately after upgrading from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1

Also...I am in no way able to get the categories in the Front End to match how I have them sorted in the back end either.

Edit...further investigation shows the duplicate entries made in the ps_category_group table.

• 1 year later...

How to resolve duplicate subcategories in Prestashop v1.5.3.1? I have tried editing and resave all my subcategories in the back office but this method didn't work for Prestashop v 1.5.3.1.

Solved: I figured out the problem after receiving outside help; the first extra duplicate subcategory text is actually were the image placement holder for subcategory image is suppose to be and the second text appearing beneath is the actual subcategory text created in the PS back office. If you don't upload an image then text will appear as though there's duplicate subcategories. This is causing much confusion for those not familiar with previous versions of Prestashop (as been mentioned). I suggest an image not uploaded box should be used instead so others will know that the first subcategory text is suppose to be the image placement and the second subcategory text is the actual subcategory that was originally created in the PS back office. I hope the Prestashop developers and Github community take this recommendation or suggestion into consideration. :)

Edited by GoGoMo (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I discovered by another online shop that activating the rules imposed on all countries are duplicated products, I turn it twice and now I have the products in triplicate. :blink:

Do any moderator know about this problem so rare?

SOLVED in Spanish

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/224842-los-productos-se-duplican-solucionado/page__view__findpost__p__1151183