Checkout reports "Authentication failed 401"

Formyx

Hi,

I am trying to finalize setup on my Prestashop webshop, but I get this error when proceeding to Checkout:
"Authentication failed 401".

I am a beginner in this and I don't have a clue as to where to search for the error. Prestashop Checkout reports that the Checkout and Paypal accounts are approved and enabled.

I have the following Payment plugins installed:
Prestashop Checkout
Bank Transfer
Paypal
Klarna

Any help kindly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Klearchos

Untitled10.png

On 5/26/2023 at 8:56 AM, juanrojas said:

Hello, does this error happen to you with all payment methods or only with Prestashop Checkout? Because if it is the latter, I would choose to install the independent payment module

Hi juanrojas,
Thank you for your help!

It happens whenever a logged-in user clicks to view her non-empty cart.

Also, whenever a visitor does the same i.e. adds something to cart and proceeds to either view her cart or directly to checkout, the payment methods do work, but only once! If the guest cancels the checkout and then tries again, she also gets this error from then on...

I am also suspecting my hosting since there have been other errors relating to their server when installing Prestashop, so I have to exclude this possibility first...

41 minutes ago, juanrojas said:

I think you did not answer my question, what is the name of your server and your theme?

It is at shop.formyxamps.com but I have it on Maintainance Mode since I am transfering the site at another Web Hosting service.
I will update the post when the transfer is complete!

Thank you!

On 5/27/2023 at 11:17 AM, juanrojas said:

I think you did not answer my question, what is the name of your server and your theme?

Hi juanrojas,

As mentioned before, the shop is located at https://shop.formyxamps.com. I use the default theme, the Classic Version 1.0.0.
I am now finished with moving the server to a better webhotel, so feel free and check the error.

How to reproduce it:
1. Register an account
2. Select a product and add it to cart
3. Click on your cart

If you, however, select an item without logging in, the process goes on up to the payment point.

10 hours ago, juanrojas said:

I don't know how to reproduce the error and I don't see the payment methods you said

Don't you see the Authentication Error 401 when clicking on your Cart?

REMARK: A returning customer sees this error always when logging in, selecting a product and clicking to see her Cart or proceeding to Checkout.

Edited by Formyx (see edit history)