Marghoob Suleman

[module-modified] categories menu modified

Hi Guys!

Here is another updates for category menu (modules/blockcategories).

Modify stylesheet (ddsmoothmenu.css) for your own look and feel.

files included in zip:
blockcategories.tpl
ddsmoothmenu.css
ddsmoothmenu.js
down.gif
right.gif

Preview Available at: http://www.giftlelo.com/cart3/

Thanks and Regards
Marghoob Suleman

3953_pGssD0p3yiFnpZf7Tv49_t

blockcategories.zip

Thanks, it seems very beautiful.
This your blockcategory I must use him as a normal form for Prestashop? ... me known that it misses the icon 16x16 that it is in all the modules...
Excuse however I want to understand... how do I use blockcategories?

This your blockcategory I must use him as a normal form for Prestashop? … me known that it misses the icon 16×16 that it is in all the modules…
Excuse however I want to understand… how do I use blockcategories?

Ok... thanks. Only to understand: Download and extract blockcategories.zip and paste all files in the modules / blockcategories folder. The icon 16x16 must create her me and to insert her in the folder blockcategories??? (as in all the present modules in prestashop)

I am sorry i did not mention. Download and extract blockcategories.zip and paste all files in the modules/blockcategories folder. You are done!

My goosh, Marghoob Suleman, you did it again. That is a great contribution for the PS script. Thanks a lot.

I don't perhaps make sense of well me. Excuse me. I speak of the icon 16x16 that it is present in all the modules of prestashop. If you open any form in yhe folder ..\modules\.. you will see that every form has one icon of his 16x16 that she will be visualized in the Back Office in the sections modules and position. My questions:
1) your form blockcategories is for the prestashop version 1.0, 1.1 or both?
2) the icon 16x16 that it is visualized in the Back Office I must create her to me me?
3) your form works as all the other modules? I must insert your blockcategories as a normal form in the folder..\modules \?
4) as me I plan the voices of menu and the secondary voices of menu?

Thanks

Good evening,

First sorry for my English very average.
"Bravo" for your module "blockcategories", I tested at the moment, it's great!
I am very interested in the effect of enlarging images overview block "products" of your test-page.
Can you explain how to do this for all the pictures?
Thank you very much for your reply, it's very important for me.

Kinds regards,

Mandrake.

Hi,
I have made a will the module "blockcategories" it is it seems to work... very beautiful! There are 3 great problems:

1) the module "blockcategories" after the 5 categories it overlaps to the other inferior modules (img 1)
2) if I shape the under categories the names they are not read - only after I pass the pointer above (img 2)
3) even if I eliminate the new one "blockcategories" and I insert the original module of PrestaShop 1.1 it doesn't appear me more the same original formulation (img 3)

Why?

HELP... thing I must do for having my original menu of prestashop 1.1? I have eliminated the folder with the "blockcategories" of Marghoob Suleman and I have inserted "blockcategories" original however the visualization is now confused (img 3)... what must I do for having in Front Office the my orginal "blockcategories" of prestashop 1.1?

3977_e8Gv1ro1X5swjfjAQdPp_t

3978_n6KCzGQPMi7DCyo2xbIq_t

3979_WGtkIJUt7m2NwOxJ4OPp_t

myname

i had the overlap prob all i did was went into the Css file and right at the top it has height AUTO i changed it to what i needed for example 220px.

Hi, the great problem is that inserting the module "blockcategories" of Marghoob Suleman is changed some inside parameters to Prestashop. I have eliminated the module of Marghoob Suleman and me I have inserted the original module of "bockcagories" of PrestaShop 1.1. Now the module is seen always as in immage 3. I have seen the file global.css, I have compared with other global.css of a prestashop 1.1 not installed... it is equal. I don't succeed in understanding what I must do for returning to the original situation with mine "blockcategories" original of prestashop 1.1

Help me please

3980_uaBn6t70ykQRWOGz4Pek_t

The problem is that I have inserted original form of Prestashop 1.1, however the result is that of the image 3. I have also tried to insert the thema prestashop defoult, the original form "blockcategories" however it doesn't change. And' as if the "blockcategories" of Marghoob Suleman goes to modify other in the configuration of PrestaShop 1.1. I don't know what to do. I have put the "blockcategories" original... however it doesn't change... the result is always that of the image 3. HELP!

Does someone know how to resolve the problem to be able to make to work the "blockcategories" original of PrestaShop 1.1?

Thanks for the help,
however I make the tests in local. I don't understand because even if I insert the original one "blockcategories" it doesn't bring me the original situation of my prestashop 1.1.
Please, does someone know what you can have happened when have inserted the "blockcategories" of Marghoob Suleman?
why now even if have I inserted the "block categories" original of prestashop 1.1 me from as resulted a block as in image ?

3985_zBynltdGFZI00kc4d1VD_t

3986_UTDhFYHDqYYH9qDnBAsN_t

Thanks for your help,
however it seems that after having inserted your change of module "blockcategories" is modified something inside prestashop 1.1 because even if I insert the old one" "blockcategories" original, or your last file "blocategoires.tpl" the situation always stays the same one. I don't know how I must do and I don't understand how come you don't return to the original state. I have inserted only your block and later I have removed immediately him and inserted the "blockcategories" original of prestashop 1.1. Only that now he doesn't return to the original state.. I don't know what to do. Please help.
Some idea?

Hi, I have followed the suggestion of Marghoob Suleman... I have cancelled the whole files of.. tools\smarty\compile (I have not removed alone index.php in compile folder)... magic .... the form "blockcategories" original of PrestaShop 1.1 are returned in the design as that original. I don't understand how come eliminating these files everything returns to the original state and with these files in.. smarty / complete her.. the form "blockcategories" was deprived of his original characteristics.

Thanks Marghoob Suleman

Hi Guys!

files included in zip:
blockcategories.tpl
ddsmoothmenu.css
ddsmoothmenu.js
down.gif
right.gif

Thanks and Regards
Marghoob Suleman

IE6 to menu width missing !!!

4011_Lum1TZNz29h5Ek7CpJ8J_t

Hi Guys!

files included in zip:
blockcategories.tpl
ddsmoothmenu.css
ddsmoothmenu.js
down.gif
right.gif

Thanks and Regards
Marghoob Suleman

IE6 to menu width missing !!!

encounter the same issue with IE6, though most ppl should update their IE or change other browser, so i just ignore it ....
Tomany other serious thing to take care .....
My solution, pit a note a footer : "Best view with FireFox or IE 7 and above"
:)

sase

in the css file that come with this mod change the background color near the top of the css to the color that matches the rest then it will be fine i had to do it on mine now it looks ok in ie6. check it out vibrantgifts in my sig

Hi, I have followed the suggestion of Marghoob Suleman... I have cancelled the whole files of.. tools\smarty\compile (I have not removed alone index.php in compile folder)... magic .... the form "blockcategories" original of PrestaShop 1.1 are returned in the design as that original. I don't understand how come eliminating these files everything returns to the original state and with these files in.. smarty / complete her.. the form "blockcategories" was deprived of his original characteristics.

Thanks Marghoob Suleman

You welcome! and I'll try to check modules in IE6. Actually i dont have that. But will find some solution.

Hi Marghoob

Thanks for a great module. I have only one big problem and that is that when viewed in IE7, the sub-categories of the first main category do not display unless the cursor is hovered over them (image 2 and image 1 attached). From the second main category onwards everything works fine (i.e. their sub-categories display automatically and smoothly)(image 3 attached).

Also, when trying to position the cursor over the sub-categories of main catogory 1, they keep fading away before you can properly place the cursor over them to display them to click on the link i.e. not very smooth and stable at all.

About half of my website visitors still use IE so this is pretty important to me. I see some other people have had this problem as well but I cannot find any answers with a fix for this.

Everything works perfectly in FireFox ;-)

Thanks again for all your hard work on these modules, keep up the good work, we do appreciate it.

Mark

5575_M0EafAJHwVTU4b2Fvejw_t

5576_rpV2vAtCoBaruKJ1WmnS_t

5577_AITOvhKp5sgNUjEDi5LX_t

5578_AVNAkXikKCcTEHUZQ1vJ_t

Okay, I'll check this. Some guy has problem in IE6 so I have uninstalled IE7 :( but i"ll check somewhere.
Hi Marghoob, any progress on this yet?

Or has anyone else been able to fix the IE bug with this module? This is a great module and I would love to be able to go live with it on my site next week but the IE problem is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Hi - has the IE problem been sorted yet? - any idea why the sub categories don't show without first rolling over them?

I also have anothe IE problem where by a gap opens up when you hover over an item in (for example) the second level menu if it contains a further subcategory. This means that it is impossible to scroll to the next item in the menu as it disappers beife you can get to it! See attached screenshot.

These are both quite major problems that need to be addressed.

6446_fLbrhvlxjDi9YtDiSyqR_t

Well I found the offending style for my gap problem:

.ddsmoothmenu ul li ul li{
display: list-item;
float: none;
}

I find that if I add

margin-bottom:-3px

the gap disappears, but then when you move doen to the next item, it jumps up 3px because the gap disappears anyway (if that makes sense!) It seems that when the item is selected and has a submenu, a 3px gap is added to the bottom of that list item, but ONLY when itt is selected.

Any ideas about what would cause this? How can I stop it happening without screwing up the rest of the menu?

Yippee! I've solved it. It was to do with IE adding extra space between li (as it does). the solution was to add:

vertical-align: top;

instead of the negative bottom margin.

Now to solve the disappearing link problem....

Yippee! I've solved it. It was to do with IE adding extra space between li (as it does). the solution was to add:

vertical-align: top;

instead of the negative bottom margin.

Now to solve the disappearing link problem....

Thanks Babyewok, I am battling with the same "disappearing link" problem. Please post if you find a fix for it. Oh and I didn't even notice the "gap" problem, will check that out tonight.

Thanks again ;-)