prestasho 8.0.4 email alerts problem

fitgura

Hello!

Unfortunately official email alert module (2.4.1) not works again. 

I changed the default html and txt templates, but the system only send the default email templates on new order!

I just wondering what did I missed out when changed the templates in FTP.

I did delete the cache in BO, but sill send the original emails?

Please advise

THX

• Sad 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, ComGrafPL said:

Try with this module, its free for managing email templates. Maybe it will show you which templates are set to default. https://addons.prestashop.com/en/administrative-tools/25939-email-templates-manager.html#overview

Unfortuntely there  is no working!

However I did edit all the emails manualy in the International/email translations/body/etc.....

But still send the default emails :((((((

It si really strange!

Are the emails (we use modern) record anywhere in the database, we need to change?

Any else Idea pelae

Please check the email alert module in the theme folder:

Path: themes{Your-theme}\modules\ps_emailalerts

In the given path, locate the 'mail' folder and comment it out. By commenting the 'mail' folder, the updated emails will be sent.

In PrestaShop, the system checks the mail content in the theme folder, which is why the content saved in the 'mail' folder is sent every time, instead of the translated mail.

Please take the necessary steps to comment out the 'mail' folder and ensure that the updated emails are sent correctly.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

On 5/22/2023 at 11:55 AM, Knowband Plugins said:

Please check the email alert module in the theme folder:

Path: themes{Your-theme}\modules\ps_emailalerts

In the given path, locate the 'mail' folder and comment it out. By commenting the 'mail' folder, the updated emails will be sent.

In PrestaShop, the system checks the mail content in the theme folder, which is why the content saved in the 'mail' folder is sent every time, instead of the translated mail.

Please take the necessary steps to comment out the 'mail' folder and ensure that the updated emails are sent correctly.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Excellent solution thank you!  I do not know the mechanism behind it, but this trick really trigger the modded emails I requested!

THX

• Like 1

PrestaShop's default mail-sending functionality follows a specific priority order. If a mail folder exists within the theme folder for a particular module, PrestaShop gives precedence to the template file located in that folder over the template files within the module's mail folder.

Consequently, when a module's template is translated and stored within the module, the system may still send incorrect emails because it utilizes the template saved in the theme folder instead.

• 1 month later...