404 error on more than 7000 urls in Google Search Console - Need help to fix this

hi, dear all, 

recently I installed a module "Clean Url" to remove the digits from the url of my website. now I am having too many 404 errors in google search console. currently it says there are more than 7000 pages with 404 error.  I have purchased a redirect module but it allow only one url at one time. it will take too long to redirect one by one. 

I wanted to know is it possible to fix them all in bulk or quickly? 

i want to fix them as soon as possible. 

any help and advise will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 7:55 AM, adamthomson123 said:

recently I installed a module "Clean Url" to remove the digits from the url of my website. now I am having too many 404 errors in google search console. currently it says there are more than 7000 pages with 404 error.  I have purchased a redirect module but it allow only one url at one time. it will take too long to redirect one by one. 

Ok drop me a line, that could come to about 250 ish.
I need to take a look first .

On 5/9/2023 at 6:55 AM, adamthomson123 said:

hi, dear all, 

I wanted to know is it possible to fix them all in bulk or quickly? 

i want to fix them as soon as possible. 

any help and advise will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards 

free advice...uninstall clean url,...man PS will allow anyone to create module for 'anything' whether it's beneficial or not.  pretty url was fine  when people called in and needed  to read the url to customer service, and before google allowed link with 'pretty link'...

this is just first of other issues you will have with modules that change ps url that are not supported by PS admin

On 5/20/2023 at 6:51 PM, PrestaHeroes USA said:

free advice...uninstall clean url,...man PS will allow anyone to create module for 'anything' whether it's beneficial or not.  pretty url was fine  when people called in and needed  to read the url to customer service, and before google allowed link with 'pretty link'...

this is just first of other issues you will have with modules that change ps url that are not supported by PS admin

hi

dear PrestaHeroes USA,

thanks for your kind response and advise. I want to know if:

we uninstall the "Clean URL" module, will it not affect the pages, we already have redirected to the new urls? those are 1766 urls we already added in 301 redirect in this module and submitted in Google. how to fix that?

if we remove the "Clean Url" the urls will again start with the category id and product id in the url. will that be easy to get results from SEO in the urls showing product id and category id?

if We submit a new sitemap, (without removing the Clean url Module) will that help to reduce number of pages "404 error" and "pages with redirects"?

Please advise

Kind regards

kids bunk bed

9 hours ago, adamthomson123 said:

hi

dear PrestaHeroes USA,

thanks for your kind response and advise. I want to know if:

we uninstall the "Clean URL" module, will it not affect the pages, we already have redirected to the new urls? those are 1766 urls we already added in 301 redirect in this module and submitted in Google. how to fix that?

if we remove the "Clean Url" the urls will again start with the category id and product id in the url. will that be easy to get results from SEO in the urls showing product id and category id?

if We submit a new sitemap, (without removing the Clean url Module) will that help to reduce number of pages "404 error" and "pages with redirects"?

Please advise

Kind regards

kids bunk bed

1) make sure you have a copy of your production shop....then you can test and know results.

2) see 1

SEO used to be a 'popular thing', jury is out and in fact it's not SEO but measuring visitor experience on your shop...the better these metrics the better your shop ranks...

you fell for the 'friendly friendly' URL as better SEO, they lied to you to sell you a module....if you think you are having issues now wait few years until you upgrade...and they worthless module is not update, royaly screwed...

at end of day, they let you create a mess..to get out of it, see 1 above, where you can test change before moving live...

tip: stop loading modules unless you ask someone experienced if it's a good idea, ps allows modules on addons tha someone thought was a good idea, when in fact it was not...

On 5/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, PrestaHeroes USA said:

1) make sure you have a copy of your production shop....then you can test and know results.

2) see 1

SEO used to be a 'popular thing', jury is out and in fact it's not SEO but measuring visitor experience on your shop...the better these metrics the better your shop ranks...

you fell for the 'friendly friendly' URL as better SEO, they lied to you to sell you a module....if you think you are having issues now wait few years until you upgrade...and they worthless module is not update, royaly screwed...

at end of day, they let you create a mess..to get out of it, see 1 above, where you can test change before moving live...

tip: stop loading modules unless you ask someone experienced if it's a good idea, ps allows modules on addons tha someone thought was a good idea, when in fact it was not...

hi

Dear PrestaHeroes USA,

thanks for your advise, 

We do not have a copy of the shop since the module installed. what to do? as we have added more than 2000 urls in 301 redirect in that module and still there are almost 4000 urls in 404 error in Google Search console. 
can we recover the last state of the website (before installing the clear url Module)? or shall we continue with clean url and keep adding the urls in the module for 301 redirection? 

and please advise how to get that sorted in google search console? the number of 404 error in increasing everyday in the google search console? and pages with redirects also showing more than 2000 pages. how to get back on the track?

kids bunk bed  6 door wardrobe

Kind regards

Edited by adamthomson123 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, adamthomson123 said:

hi

Dear PrestaHeroes USA,

thanks for your advise, 

We do not have a copy of the shop since the module installed. what to do? as we have added more than 2000 urls in 301 redirect in that module and still there are almost 4000 urls in 404 error in Google Search console. 
can we recover the last state of the website (before installing the clear url Module)? or shall we continue with clean url and keep adding the urls in the module for 301 redirection? 

and please advise how to get that sorted in google search console? the number of 404 error in increasing everyday in the google search console? and pages with redirects also showing more than 2000 pages. how to get back on the track?

Kind regards

create a new test shop, anyone using PS without having a test shop is doomed to fail.

I recommend prestachamps.com to sort this for you