Deprecated since Symfony 4.2 and will throw an exception in 5.0 errors

I have been loading products onto a new site (Prestashop 8 - PHP 8.0) up until last night and everything was working perfectly.  This morning, although products can be loaded, combinations can be created, etc it does not save the image file for the product.  The image is uploaded, but once uploaded it cannot be selected (no options to make it the cover image, etc).  When the product is saved, the image is not saved.  

I have a few symfony errors (85 listed in total) in the logs when debug mode is on - it would only make sense if Symfony was updated last night and I did not do any updates.  

- User Deprecated: You are calling "form_widget" for field "categories" which has already been rendered before, trying to render fields which were already rendered is deprecated since Symfony 4.2 and will throw an exception in 5.0

- User Deprecated: The "PrestaShopBundle\Service\Hook\HookEvent" class extends "Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\Event" that is deprecated since Symfony 4.3, use "Symfony\Contracts\EventDispatcher\Event" instead

- User Deprecated: You are calling "form_row" for field "cost_price" which has already been rendered before, trying to render fields which were already rendered is deprecated since Symfony 4.2 and will throw an exception in 5.0.

There are additional errors in the logs on the server:

- Attempted to call function "mime_content_type" from namespace "PrestaShop\\PrestaShop\\Core\\Module\\SourceHandler"

- Unable to guess the MIME type as no guessers are available (have you enabled the php_fileinfo extension?

I think the MIME is a Sympfony error too?  And I have since ticked the fileinfo extension in my PHP configuration on the server.

Would any of these errors affect the saving of images on the product page?  Does anyone know how to resolve or do I need to add more info?

Thank you

An update:  I realised this morning that modules were also giving an error when trying to update them - an undefined error.  I changed the PHP version to 7.4 and it seems to have resolved the image challenge, as well as the module update challenge.   It has not changed any of the symfony errors, but hoping this is a core problem and will be fixed in the next update?

Edited by Simply123 (see edit history)