Venting. This is absolutely impossible.

Pursuant

Prestateam, I love you guys. This product is cool, its great, and its free. But the DAMN CODE is awful. Absolutely awful. Figuring out how to code modules around your constantly changing formats is all I do. I spend 80% of my time reverse engineering this script in an attempt to get around the HORRIBLE lack of documentation.

The new changes from 1.3 to 1.4 are frightening. FrontController is extended by every other controller, but it has functions called from other scripts (if its a base, why should you EVER call FrontController::anything()????).

There isn't even Computer Generated documentation for this script. There is nothing. NOTHING.

I'm very upset with the direction this script has taken. It has an active record pattern that still uses 30 line long SQL queries. It is the most procedural code I've ever seen that still uses classes.

If a class is a model for a database, it shouldn't contain static functions. That is all that Prestashop uses.

I have considered branching off of prestashop because of how its being managed and coded. It is impossible to code in.

I wish I had someone to talk to about this because I have so much to say. But, alas, only a quiet forum awaits me.
I can hope that by Prestashop 2.0 it is a COMPLETE rewrite. If it is not, there is no hope in this project.

Thats all.

--Kevin Klika