wrong tax is applied in the event of 'Pickup in store' (customer delivery address country vs. store country)

Since July 2021 I:

- setup all relevant EU member state tax rates for the different products 'types' that I sell
- setup tax rules for the different products types that I sell 'grouping' the correct tax rates for each EU member state
- and indicated that the tax rate is chosen based on the delivery address

all works fine and taxes are correctly calculated as they should be based on the above setup.

All was working fine until I came across an order today from a German customer who wants to pickup the goods himself in our physical store in Belgium... 

So instead of calculating & adding German VAT to this order (VAT rate selected based on the German delivery address), Prestashop should have, after the selection of the 'carrier' Local Pickup, switched to & apply the Belgian VAT rate for the order.

Has anyone else come acress this situation, and how did you fix it?

A stupid workaround would be to ask the customer to create a Belgian delivery address and select that one during the checkout to switch to the Belgian VAT rate, but this is not an acceptable solution for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@KBruyninckx, 

Have you managed to find a solution for this problem? 

I am having the same issue. For "Pick up in store", I need to apply Tax based on where the Store is located. But the Tax is being calculated based on customer's delivery address.

Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thanks!

I've briefly looked into modules related to pickup and store locations, but have not selected one yet.

One module (Personal Pickup at Store - Drive & Collect, ) in particular seemed interesting for my purpose but it seems the online demo does not have a complex Tax/VAT setup so I cannot verify that it does everything corectly.
I tried to contact the developer of this module but so far no response, from what I gather from posts in the forum they are not very reponsive... :(

If anybody has a module (or experience with a module) where

- store locations are simply listed (I don't need the fancy map where you can explore the planet)

- with the possibility to select a pickup date (and to configure in the backend opening dates for each location etc, I intend to use it for trade fair/pop up sale pickups as well and they run for a few days only as opposed normal stores)

- with correct VAT calculation based on the pickup up address

then please let me know, I'm in the market for a module! :D 

@KBruyninckx, 

I also haven't got lucky to find a module that can calculate tax based on the Store address.

There are plenty of Store pickup module but none of them has this TAX calculation feature. It's surprising that no one even thought about it 😔

I'd really appreciate if someone creates a module that with store location + location based tax calculation.

If anybody has a module (or experience with a module) where

- store locations are simply listed (I don't need the fancy map where you can explore the planet)

- with the possibility to select a pickup date (and to configure in the backend opening dates for each location etc, I intend to use it for trade fair/pop up sale pickups as well and they run for a few days only as opposed normal stores)

- with correct VAT calculation based on the pickup up address