Dump of production product catalog data for development

cruftex

I am looking for a way to seed a local running Prestashop version with the product catalog from production. The local catalog data should be 100% identical to production and also include the images. I see that there are many export and import modules, but I doubt that this is the way, since probably IDs would not end up being identical.

Probably the best approach would be to dump the catalog tables from the database and replace it in the development instance. Would that work? Any experience? 

Hi,

Yes, but you need to migrate all product dependent tables like stock, category, attributes manufacturer, images supplier. Alternatively, if you need an automaton, you can write a script that will download data from the store via the API and enter the data of the other one. There are functions available in prestashop to keep the same id.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 7:10 AM, cruftex said:

I am looking for a way to seed a local running Prestashop version with the product catalog from production. The local catalog data should be 100% identical to production and also include the images. I see that there are many export and import modules, but I doubt that this is the way, since probably IDs would not end up being identical.

Probably the best approach would be to dump the catalog tables from the database and replace it in the development instance. Would that work? Any experience? 

you can try a workaround creating dummy products on local site and replace them with the real production products saving the IDs https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/import-prestashop-products-ids/