Product is adding to cart only when page is loaded more than one time

Hello, i have a strange problem, when opening a product page in incognito mode (so that there is no cache, cookie etc.. loaded) and i try to add to cart a product it dont work the first time add to cart button is clicked but only after page is reloaded.

Note that if the user navigate other pages before trying to add to cart it work.

To reproduce open an incognito page and directly go to a product page like https://bikenos.com/it/copertoni/28040-copertone-12-x12x2-14-57-203-nero-c1456-6933882509092.html

Try to add to cart and the product is not added, ajax cart show 0 product added.

If now you try to go in every other products and add to cart it work.

Could this be some cookie related problem?

Hi @fra_000111,

yes, most probably it is a cookie issue there, as somehow the first add to cart is creating the cookie on the shop, and for the second add to cart, the cookie exitsts and it is working.

Do you have some cookie module like lgcookieslaw module? as I see that odule in the code, but the module's popup is not shown on pageload.

Can you try to disable that module and check if this solves the issue?

I hope that I could help.
Have a nice day, Leo.

• Thanks 1

Also found partial solution for the cookie problem, basically in the controllers > front > cartcontrollers.php file at line 238 there is a control that check if cookies exist, having the cookie module activated mean that a user when enter the website for the first time, the first page he see dont have cookies so the "if" instruction will block the "add to cart" function.

A solution is to edit the code at line 239 to:

// Update the cart ONLY if $this->cookies are available, in order to avoid ghost carts created by bots
        if (!$this->errors
            && !($this->context->customer->isLogged() && !$this->isTokenValid())
        )

Note that in this way also bots will be able to create carts.