Show all images for all product combination instead of only the image of the selected

Shin_P

Hello everyone

Is there a way to show all the combination images on the product page, instead of only the image of the currently selected combination?

The new (1.7) behavior is to show only the image associated to the selected combination, hiding all the other pictures.

On 1.6 and earlier, all images were shown. And that made sense, as it was engaging for the user to see that there were other colors, other sizes, multiple pictures for multiple attribute combinations.

I know there's a workaround  (to assign all the images to every combination),  but that just doesn't make sense.

Is there a way to revert to the previous behavior?

All these changes in 1.7 really dont make any sense.

Thank you for any help you could give me.

And please don't point me to a paid module, because it would really look like that developers have stripped the base CMS just to push more module sales..

hi and thank you for replying

I checked the backoffice demo on your module page

is it this one?

Produkt-Eigenschaften - Bitte wählen - Variantenauswahl als Pflicht

if so, note that the demo doesn't work (see the attached screenshot)

even so, still kinda sucks having to pay 70€ to get back a feature that has always been included in prestashop (until v. 1.7)

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-01-29T16-40-16.661Z.png

Hi @Shin_P,
if you have a selected image in the administration for the combination, not all images will be displayed, but only the ones you have selected.
If you want to display all the images you have uploaded to the product, it can be easily fixed in the database.

Can you please put a screenshot of how you have the image association set up in the administration and the selected combination?

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

On 1/26/2023 at 11:19 PM, Shin_P said:

Hello everyone

Is there a way to show all the combination images on the product page, instead of only the image of the currently selected combination?

The new (1.7) behavior is to show only the image associated to the selected combination, hiding all the other pictures.

On 1.6 and earlier, all images were shown. And that made sense, as it was engaging for the user to see that there were other colors, other sizes, multiple pictures for multiple attribute combinations.

I know there's a workaround  (to assign all the images to every combination),  but that just doesn't make sense.

Is there a way to revert to the previous behavior?

All these changes in 1.7 really dont make any sense.

Thank you for any help you could give me.

And please don't point me to a paid module, because it would really look like that developers have stripped the base CMS just to push more module sales..

Edit function filterImagesForCombination() from class ProductLazyArray (src/Adapter/Presenter/Product/ProductLazyArray.php) :

private function filterImagesForCombination(array $images, int $productAttributeId)
{
    return $images;

}

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/2e5e9c6720f562e73f005ff3c9d21ea98da9389b/src/Adapter/Presenter/Product/ProductLazyArray.php#L736

Edited by idnovate.com (see edit history)
  • Sad 1

like it was on 1.6, on any other major ecommerce CMS and how logic would want..

1. All product pictures are always displayed on the product page
  2. If I change combination, and there is a picture assigned to that specific combination, the main picture switches to that image
  3. bonus points: you click on the picture -> combination is switched

Edited by Shin_P
mother -> other lol (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ok.

1. Modify ./src/Adapter/Presenter/Product/ProductLazyArray.php

2. find function fillImages

3. replace to:

private function fillImages(array $product, Language $language): void
    {
        // Get all product images, including potential cover
        $productImages = $this->imageRetriever->getAllProductImages(
            $product,
            $language
        );

// Get filtered product images matching the specified id_product_attribute
        $this->product['images'] = $productImages;

$this->product['default_image'] = reset($this->product['images']);
        foreach ($this->product['images'] as $image) {
            // If one of the image is a cover it is used as such
            if (isset($image['cover']) && null !== $image['cover']) {
                $this->product['default_image'] = $image;

break;
            }
        }

// Get default image for selected combination (used for product page, cart details, ...)
        if ($product['id_product_attribute']){
            foreach ($productImages as $image) {
                if (in_array($product['id_product_attribute'], $image['associatedVariants'])) {
                    $this->product['default_image'] = $image;
                }
            }
        }

// Get generic product image, used for product listing
        if (isset($product['cover_image_id'])) {
            // First try to find cover in product images
            foreach ($productImages as $productImage) {
                if ($productImage['id_image'] == $product['cover_image_id']) {
                    $this->product['cover'] = $productImage;
                    break;
                }
            }

// If the cover is not associated to the product images it is fetched manually
            if (!isset($this->product['cover'])) {
                $coverImage = $this->imageRetriever->getImage(new Product($product['id_product'], false, $language->getId()), $product['cover_image_id']);
                $this->product['cover'] = array_merge($coverImage, [
                    'legend' => $coverImage['legend'],
                ]);
            }
        }

// If no cover fallback on default image
        if (!isset($this->product['cover'])) {
            $this->product['cover'] = $this->product['default_image'];
        }
    }

Testing on the same product with originally only one picture (vanilla 1.7.8.8 with demo products)

Steps:

1. I added 2 new pictures to the product , without assigning any new pic to a combination -> only the first old picture shown on product page (not the new ones) (NOT OK)
  2. I assigned one of the 2 new photos (only that) to a non-default combination -> default combination shows the new picture in the carousel below (OK). If I switch to the combination with the new pic assigned, the first picture is NOT shown on the carousel (NOT OK)
  3. I assigned the third picture to another combination -> everything working as intended

If no photos are assigned to a combination, but only loaded on the main product tab, they are not shown in the carousel.

So, without changing the code above, this fix works only if every picture is assigned to at least one combination.

Which is great, but not optimal.
Thank you very much tho! I feel you are almost there!

Edited by Shin_P
formatting (see edit history)