(ISSUE) Slider Revolution 6 - Module page not loading

Alex-

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a weird issue with the revolution slider provided with my Ayon theme or even Alyssum, and as I can't find anything related to these issues on the internet, I'm kind of stuck.

Firstly after installing the theme on a recent Prestashop installation, I was able to import the revslider settings and the slider was showing on the homepage. Then I was completely unable to access the rev slider from the backoffice, the page didn't want to load and kept loading as an endless loop.

Moreover, when it happens, I cannot access the rest of the backoffice, neither opening a new tab of the shop, it just loads indefinitely without showing the page. The only workaround is to open a new private tab in the browser or to restart the apache webserver.

Of course I have tried to uninstall the module, delete the module folder, delete all the "revsliderprestashop" entries in the database and then reinstall it from the module page.

Each time I have got the same issue, but I cannot even load the rev slider page from the backoffice anymore (right after the module installation). When I leave the page loading, it finally shows the module page roughly after 8 minutes. It's like something is blocking the page to load. I scratched my head to debug this, but no success. I don't know if it's a php issue, js issue or something related to my apache/php server. But it's like there is definetely something messing with this module as the reste of the BO (modules etc) works perfectly fine and fast, so as the shop.

I was able to catch this error after enabling debug mode, but this message shows up after like 7 minutes: "Slider Revolution encountered the following error: slide - Error: Notice: Undefined variable: addons", showed on a blank page.

In the browser console after the page finally loaded, I can see a bunch of jquery errors (screenshot attached).

For the record, I have made a second fresh install of prestashop with a new db, and only the revslider module, it does the same thing. I then tried a fresh install of ps + theme + revslider, no success... I tried installing both from the BO and from FTP. Tried from 2 differents pc, on 4 differents internet connections (4G/5G and 1Gb/s fiber optic).

Used versions : 6.2.22.1 and 6.2.21.8

I'm desperately needing your help as I'm out of ideas.

NB: I'm running PS 1.7.8.8 on php 7.4.33 (dedicated server), nothing in the apache logs.

Many thanks for any help you could provide.

screenshot-jquery-errors.png

Edited by Alex-
added additional information (see edit history)

• Alex- changed the title to (ISSUE) Slider Revolution 6 - Module page not loading

After several researches and debug, I finally found the culprit ! It's both a server configuration issue (firewall) and code.

The error from the apache log about the $addons undefined, put me on the path. It's the function "update_addon_json()" located in "/modules/revsliderprestashop/rev-loader.php" 948, with this part which makes the execution of the code stuck. Each time it was reaching this function it was using the 400 seconds timeout which is roughly : 7min (the total loading time of the page).

My server, I guess "Snort", throught the server router is blocking the requests from this domain which is indeed using cloudflare.

if(RevLoader::_isCurl()){

$url = 'http://revapi.smartdatasoft.net/v6/call/json.php?type=addons';
$response = RevLoader::wp_remote_post($url, array(
'user-agent' => 'php/;'. RevLoader::get_bloginfo('url'),
'body' => '',
'timeout' => 400
));

if($response['info']['http_code'] == '200'){
$res = $response['body'];
$addons = utf8_encode($res);
$results = (array) json_decode($addons);
$new_counter = count($results);
RevLoader::update_option('rs-addons-counter', $new_counter);
}

//if($new_counter > $old_counter){
RevLoader::update_option('revslider-addons', $addons);
//}

}

Each time it fails to make a request on this domain when it reaches this part of the code, I keep having this error :

Undefined variable: addons in /modules/revsliderprestashop/rev-loader.php on line 966

Currently as a fix, I just replaced 'timeout' => 400 by 1 , and it does the job to skip the failure. Of course I couldn't use the update function or the template section as it request from the same domain with Curl but at least I can load the module page and edit my slides.

@ClassyDevs any clue how can we request these informations differently in Slider Revolution ? As the rest of the requests from the PS backoffice to external domains like prestashop.com are working fine (even retrieving modules catalog).

On 1/26/2023 at 3:57 AM, Alex- said:

After several researches and debug, I finally found the culprit ! It's both a server configuration issue (firewall) and code.

The error from the apache log about the $addons undefined, put me on the path. It's the function "update_addon_json()" located in "/modules/revsliderprestashop/rev-loader.php" 948, with this part which makes the execution of the code stuck. Each time it was reaching this function it was using the 400 seconds timeout which is roughly : 7min (the total loading time of the page).

My server, I guess "Snort", throught the server router is blocking the requests from this domain which is indeed using cloudflare.

if(RevLoader::_isCurl()){

$url = 'http://revapi.smartdatasoft.net/v6/call/json.php?type=addons';
$response = RevLoader::wp_remote_post($url, array(
'user-agent' => 'php/;'. RevLoader::get_bloginfo('url'),
'body' => '',
'timeout' => 400
));

if($response['info']['http_code'] == '200'){
$res = $response['body'];
$addons = utf8_encode($res);
$results = (array) json_decode($addons);
$new_counter = count($results);
RevLoader::update_option('rs-addons-counter', $new_counter);
}

//if($new_counter > $old_counter){
RevLoader::update_option('revslider-addons', $addons);
//}

}

Each time it fails to make a request on this domain when it reaches this part of the code, I keep having this error :

Undefined variable: addons in /modules/revsliderprestashop/rev-loader.php on line 966

Currently as a fix, I just replaced 'timeout' => 400 by 1 , and it does the job to skip the failure. Of course I couldn't use the update function or the template section as it request from the same domain with Curl but at least I can load the module page and edit my slides.

@ClassyDevs any clue how can we request these informations differently in Slider Revolution ? As the rest of the requests from the PS backoffice to external domains like prestashop.com are working fine (even retrieving modules catalog).

Hi Alex,

Thank you for submitting your problem. Please contact with support https://support.classydevs.com/ . Our support team will resolve your issue.

Regards,

ClassyDevs Team

On 1/30/2023 at 8:16 PM, Alex- said:

Hi,

Unfortunately I already tried but your forms ask for a license code which I don't have as the module comes from a paid theme.

Regards

If you have purchased a module that is part of a paid theme, you should have received a license code or some sort of authentication method from the theme provider. We recommend reaching out to the theme provider for further assistance in obtaining the necessary information to resolve this issue.

Regards,

ClassyDevs Team

• 7 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, ClassyDevs said:

If you have purchased a module that is part of a paid theme, you should have received a license code or some sort of authentication method from the theme provider. We recommend reaching out to the theme provider for further assistance in obtaining the necessary information to resolve this issue.

Regards,

ClassyDevs Team

I am wating a week for Your response. And 1 hour+ on chat