Changing Database Name...

I have everything ready for the site to launch. Here's one catch though... the Database name. The store is /prestashop and I would like to call it something else like /mystore, or /myshop... To me, this sounds easy, but I want to make sure.

1. Change the db name on my server
2. Change the db name on prestashop admin... (how do I do this?)

If it's not this simple, someone please let me know... Thanks!

-JPC Solutions

Are there dangers to doing this? I'm new to Prestashop and I don't want to completely screw up the site. The warning on the Admin page says,

"Be VERY CAREFUL with these settings, as changes may cause your PrestaShop online store to malfunction. For all issues, check the config/settings.inc.php file."

What do I have to worry about? Do I have to completely re-install Prestashop?

Thanks,

Changing the db name, if the db name is not correct, the shop will not work until you'll properly set the db name.
If you want you can also directly change the db name in the "config/settings.inc.php" file

• 2 years later...

I changed the database name and included the password, and now I cant' access my control panel or see my website.

How can I fix this? The information I changed was correct. In fact the new database only had a different number at the end. ie, from example2 to example3. Same passwords. I'm trying to look for a file that can get my backoffice running again. Please help.

I ended up installing prestashop again. I will try to upload my previous database and see if it works :(

you installed fresh prestashop and then - upload database?

if so, it mean that you fresh installation turn into the old one (because your fresh database installation will be overwrited by old one)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the same problem (admin area not working) after recreating the database with a more producction-like name. Front end worked fine but back-office thrown a HTTP error 500.

I fixed it up by clearing the cache (rm -fr ./var/cache/{prod,dev})

Prestashop version 1.7.5.0