New database for query

Fabio Matecki

Good night people.

I'm developing a website and I have a question.  I have an external database where I consult a table and I need to create a page in my ecommerce with the results of that table.

Is there any way I can create a connection to an external database?  And then how do I create a page with the fields I need?

It will only be a query.  You won't need to go any product to the cart.

thanks

1 hora atrás, Knowband Plugins disse:

//Is there any way I can create a connection to an external database? 

=>You can only achieve that using the webservices or API calls, other than that there is no other solutions exist.

Thanks, so I need to create an API or Webservice and make the correct direct call?  if I create it to bring the fields from the database that I need, it will read normally and if I need filters, can I do it?

What kind of information would you like to display from the external database? And where would you like to display them on the website? 

As someone said - you will need to create an GET API endpoint, then create a module, that will output the data from the API and display in correct place. You have two options to display the data - render from server side (php curl) or render on the client site (js fetch)