1-Click Update up-to-date but red cross in the checklist

Hello,

i need to upgrade my prestashop from 1.6 to the 1.7 version. Tried to update it with 1-Click module, but the checklist shows a red cross near the request “1-Click updater must be up-to-date” even if the module is already up-to-date.

Consequently, I can’t run the prestashop update.

Does anybody know how to solve?

Thanks in advance

420F01E5-0309-4942-AE5C-4EB2003CCDA4.jpeg

18 minutes ago, MoltenBoron81 said:

i need to upgrade my prestashop from 1.6 to the 1.7 version.

why do you need to do that?

Take a VPS and use the shop there. No more update stress. First do a back up of the public_html, www or httdoc folder, than export the database.

Should you want to go thru with the update better make sure your modules are capable to work under 1.7.x

What also could work is thirtybees.

13 minutes ago, Nickz said:

why do you need to do that?

Take a VPS and use the shop there. No more update stress. First do a back up of the public_html, www or httdoc folder, than export the database.

Should you want to go thru with the update better make sure your modules are capable to work under 1.7.x

What also could work is thirtybees.

I would stay with the 1.6 version I have but I can’t find an useful module to insert two fields into new user registration.

There is only one which does the job but it seems to be compatible only with Prestashop 1.7.

Can you suggest a solution that prevents me to do the update and just insert these fields in the form?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As specified on the link you provide, the 4.14.2 is the good version for Pretashop 1.6:

image.png.64e7db836603f7e69d218f249dce2175.png

I have the same problem on a 1.6, I can't upgrade to 1.7 either to newer 1.6:

image.png.9e1fb316d7d24ab7089b88dfde5fa2ca.png

It says "The module is up to date", with red cross and "Update" and "Download" links, but impossible to update the module from Prestashop backoffice, and the version is the one required as I said previously.

If anyone has an idea...

Regards

6 minutes ago, nxtc said:

I have the same problem on a 1.6, I can't upgrade to 1.7 either to newer 1.6:

Go thirtybees, a prestashop fork, newer php. Or install locally the 1.7 and try to make it work before adventuring an update. Make a Backup before any change on the shop, that saves your day.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, skinnybloke said:

Is there a solution - a hack to some code somewhere that overrides the version check?

Try to install locally first, test if it works and see for yourself whitout harm.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:24 AM, Nickz said:

Or install locally the 1.7 and try to make it work before adventuring an update. Make a Backup before any change on the shop, that saves your day.

• 2 weeks later...