How do you upgrade Prestashop from the CLI? 1 Click upgrade is a joke

How do you upgrade Prestashop to the latest version using the CLI on Linux?

1 Click Upgrade never works, for most it gives errors.  For me I see there's an update on my dashboard, I click on download now and it just goes to the 1-click upgrade page and doesn't do anything, there's no download button, it isn't doing anything in the background, it just sits there.

I had this issue last time and I ended up finding a way to manually update it through the CLI but now I can't find the document.

• Like 1

It turns out my prestashop is somewhat broken and always has been.  My Prestashop didn't have 1 click upgrade listed in modules, but the dashboard alluded that I did because the dashboard said that 1-click upgrade shows an upgrade to Prestashop 1.7.8.3 was available and has a download now link.  I click that link and it takes me to the 1-click download page to get that application but there is no download button.  I found the answer in another post.  There should either be a download button on the 1-click upgrade page or you should have 1-click upgrade in modules.  When neither are there you can't upgrade.  Someone shared the module in a zip file on the thread I'm linking below, it worked once I manually added it as a module.

Hi,

Do you red this doc : https://devdocs.prestashop-project.org/8/development/upgrade-module/upgrade-cli/

il y a une heure, falken76 a dit :

It turns out my prestashop is somewhat broken and always has been.  My Prestashop didn't have 1 click upgrade listed in modules, but the dashboard alluded that I did because the dashboard said that 1-click upgrade shows an upgrade to Prestashop 1.7.8.3 was available and has a download now link.  I click that link and it takes me to the 1-click download page to get that application but there is no download button.  I found the answer in another post.  There should either be a download button on the 1-click upgrade page or you should have 1-click upgrade in modules.  When neither are there you can't upgrade.  Someone shared the module in a zip file on the thread I'm linking below, it worked once I manually added it as a module.

I agree with you on the complete inconsistency of the PrestaShop company regarding its native modules.

Normally, you can find them in the Module Catalog menu by searching on a module term and then install it with a simple click, otherwise go directly to the GitHub page corresponding to the good release of these modules.

And yes, this is not the easiest way, but it was the choice made unilaterally by PrestaShop.

I wont say about 1.7 or 8 upgrade, but from ages, upgrade from the cli was perfect, reliable and efficient.

You started running from install-dev/upgrade/upgrade.php or any folder you've choose to deploy your install path. Once done you got to your BO, modules and everything got properly upgrade after 2 run (once to download upgrades, twice to run the upgrades).

If it does not perform like this today, once again we've lost working feature for replacement with sexy mess.

Best,