PS8 problems installation

Mirco99

• Mirco99 changed the title to PS8 problems installation

Hello, Micro99 I too was having the same problem installing PS8 on a ubuntu cloud server. I got up to the exact point you did, tested my DB connection but every time I went through the installer it stalled on 12% - Creating database tables.

In my case, the problem was the db & db user that I had created.  I deleted the nonworking user & table I made manually and the table created during installation and recreated them using the right mysql commands.

Here is what I did to create a MySQL database and user using the command line:

1. Open the MySQL command line interface by typing mysql -u root -p and entering your root password when prompted.
  2. Create a new database by running the following command: CREATE DATABASE prestashop;
  3. Create a new user by running the following command: CREATE USER 'prestashopuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
  4. Grant the new user permissions to access the database by running the following command: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON prestashop.* TO 'prestashopuser'@'localhost';
  5. Flush the privileges to apply the changes by running the following command: FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
  6.  Then exit the mysql cli; by typing EXIT;
  7. Make a note of the database name ('prestashop' in this example), username ('prestashopuser' in this example), and password ('password' in this example) as you will need them later when installing PrestaShop.

And here's what to do if you are using phpmyadmin:

1. Open your web browser and go to your server's phpMyAdmin URL (usually something like http://localhost/phpmyadmin).
  2. Log in to phpMyAdmin using your MySQL root username and password.
  3. Click on the 'Databases' tab and enter a name for your new database in the 'Create new database' field.
  4. Click on the 'Create' button to create the database.
  5. Click on the 'Privileges' tab and then on the 'Add user' button.
  6. Enter a username and password for the new user, and make sure to select the 'Create database with same name and grant all privileges' option.
  7. Click on the 'Go' button to create the user and grant them privileges.

After doing that I got past the 12% and finished installing PrestaShop. Good luck!

Edited by encinoman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...