[SOLVED] Example product form extension module is not working

Hello,

I am learning how to develop modules for PrestaShop. I am trying to extend the product form with a simple boolean switch. I found this example module in the official PrestaShop example modules repository. I copied it into the modules folder, executed the "composer install" command and installed the module in the admin UI.

For some reason it seems like it does not add any new fields to the product form. The only thing it does is adding the module in the modules tab, but it does not contain any fields that could be edited.  It seems like it simply does not call the `actionProductFormBuilderModifier` hook. I even tried to throw an error on the first line in the `hookActionProductFormBuilderModifier` function and it does not break the product admin page. 

The module can be found here:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/example-modules/tree/master/demoproductform

I am using PrestaShop 8.0.0. The module literally says that the minimum supported version is 8.0.0.

Am I doing something wrong or is the example wrong? 

I haven't had any problems with extending the customer editation form in the admin but I have no idea what I am doing wrong with this one.

Edited by micreas
Problem was solved (see edit history)

• micreas changed the title to [SOLVED] Example product form extension module is not working

Thankfully, at least on Github i received an answer. For everyone interested: the example module is designed for the new product page that is hidden under a feature flag that has to be enabled. That can be done in the backoffice configurartion UI.