Problems while installing PS 1.3.7

Problems while installing PS 1.3.7

Ok. I have reinstalled and uninstalled this version of PS couple of times but problems still couldnt be solved.

1) I try to upload all folders to wwwroot (without creating a prestashop directory). When I run install, it will be www.mydomain.com/install.

However, after installation, when I run www.mydomain.com/adminjbb (after renamed the admin folder and removed 'install' file), I couldnt access to back office nor front office.

2) If I uploaded the prestashop folders and grouped them into prestashop directory (in wwwroot), when I run install, i need to add www.ABC.com/prestashop/install.

This time I can access to back office via www.ABC.com/prestashop/adminABC, but how about the front office? Do I need also adding the 'prestahsop' behind my domain in order to access my front office? How can I remove it?

One more thing, I am running IIS and I get a blank page for the front office, can anyone tell me why would this happen?

Thank you.

nic

Yes Nicole, you'll need to add "PRESTASHOP" to view your website. Do one thing. Re-name the admin folder same as the prestashop tells you to. After doing that then change it later on. I hope this helps.

Can the website not to have the 'prestashop' after www.domain.com?? I mean anyway that I can access to my website with just the simple www.ABC.com?

I have a website running PS 1.2.5 and I have had the folders uploaded directly to the wwwroot, I dont have the problem with 'prestahsop' directory, installation, back or front office. Im currently trying to install on IIS6, 1.3.7 version, many problems accrue.

Another thing, what do you mean by 'change it later on'? On what?

Yes Nicole, you'll need to add "PRESTASHOP" to view your website. Do one thing. Re-name the admin folder same as the prestashop tells you to. After doing that then change it later on. I hope this helps.

Can the website not to have the 'prestashop' after www.domain.com?? I mean anyway that I can access to my website with just the simple www.ABC.com?

I have a website running PS 1.2.5 and I have had the folders uploaded directly to the wwwroot, I dont have the problem with 'prestahsop' directory, installation, back or front office. Im currently trying to install on IIS6, 1.3.7 version, many problems accrue.

Yes. You can access the website directly from your domain www.abc.com but then you'll need to put all the files in the WEBROOT(WWW) instead of making a PRESTASHOP FOLDER.

I suggest you do a FRESH INSTALL. Re-name the ADMIN as it say's to you. Don't choose your own name. Once you see the everything is functional then I suggest you rename it to whatever you want. This is what I was referring to
"change it later on"

I hope you understand now.

I dont know what is IIS6.

Yes. You can access the website directly from your domain www.abc.com but then you'll need to put all the files in the WEBROOT(WWW) instead of making a PRESTASHOP FOLDER.

I suggest you do a FRESH INSTALL. Re-name the ADMIN as it say's to you. Don't choose your own name. Once you see the everything is functional then I suggest you rename it to whatever you want. This is what I was referring to
"change it later on"

I hope you understand now.

I dont know what is IIS6.

hmm...this is clear enough!!!! Thank you. Will give a try. IIS6 is the web hosting. Will see how things go. A friend is helping me on the matter too....Many thanks!!

nic

Hi Rayan,

I just installed PS 1.3.7. When I try to access to back office but it shows 'http 500 internal server error' 'Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

Can you please help me.... www.joliebelleboutique.com/adminjbb

thanks. nic

Hi, I need some help...if someone can explain what the following passages mean.

After installation of prestashop 1.3.7, I have received http 500 internel server error while trying to access back and front office. I have checked with my hosting company, below is their reply:

''Upon checking on the system, there is no index file name from your wwwroot folder.
Please rename your main file to index.php so that system can trace main file and publish it to your website.''

When I double checked on the wwwroot folder, I have seen the index.php file. Just wondering what is the main file that the company highlighted to? How to rename it? The index.php is located at wwwroot, why it cannot be trace?

thanks.

nic