Friendly URL's not working Prestashop 1.7.8.7

Hello we have updated our prestashop from 1.7.6.9 to 1.7.8.7

Our production site is hold at 1.7.6.9 version.

This site has friendly urls working fine, just redirection is not working:
-Friendly URLS -> yes
-Redirect to canonical URLS -> no

In development we have the updated version of the site 1.7.8.7

This site has the same configuration, but friendly urls are not working, just show a 404.

The only page working is the contact page.

I have tried, clearing cache, restoring htaccess, and its not working.

Our servers are a shared hosting in OVH, PHP 7.4, and I'm pretty sure mod_rewrite is working because I did some tests and because we also host wordpress sites that use mod_rewrite.

Anyone can give us a hint please?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, JAESE said:

The point to update was in order to have warehouse theme to the most recent version.

Ok I don't get the advantage of having the newest whatsover. In cars it not prudent to buy the newest, similar to web. The biggest priority you have as a shop owber is to maintain your shop functioning. In case you are IT and know scripting preetty well its Ok to go your route. Are you??

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Most pointless comment i've ever seen. Then please don't change your car's summer tyres in the winter. From your opinion: while tyres still turning you don't need winter tyres in the snow. 

On 10/3/2022 at 8:19 PM, Nickz said:

Ok I don't get the advantage of having the newest whatsover. In cars it not prudent to buy the newest, similar to web. The biggest priority you have as a shop owber is to maintain your shop functioning. In case you are IT and know scripting preetty well its Ok to go your route. Are you??

JAESE could you find any solution? 

Thanks. 

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, hitabnet said:

Most pointless comment i've ever seen. Then please don't change your car's summer tyres in the winter. From your opinion: while tyres still turning you don't need winter tyres in the snow. 

JAESE could you find any solution? 

Thanks. 

Did you find any solution? I have the same problem on 1.7.8.8

On 10/3/2022 at 12:36 PM, JAESE said:

-Friendly URLS -> yes

This site has the same configuration, but friendly urls are not working, just show a 404.

Our servers are a shared hosting in OVH, PHP 7.4, and I'm pretty sure mod_rewrite is working because I did some tests and because we also host wordpress sites that use mod_rewrite.

Thanks!

Hi. Did you find any solution? I have the same problem on 1.7.8.8. Thank you!

On 12/27/2022 at 7:26 AM, hitabnet said:

Then please don't change your car's summer tyres in the winter. From your opinion: while tyres still turning you don't need winter tyres in the snow. 

You seem to have issues in grasping an argument: A brand new Car model uses buyers as test objects. The same applies to tyre fabricants, although their testing is way easier. What you did is compare apples to pears.

2 minutes ago, Nickz said:

You seem to have issues in grasping an argument: A brand new Car model uses buyers as test objects. The same applies to tyre fabricants, although their testing is way easier. What you did is compare apples to pears.

I have never heard such a ridiculous claim. Who would release their product without testing it and wait for the first buyers to test it and get their feedback? For a module or theme, I don't think the developer will sell it without the simplest tests. He may have missed some points, but I do not believe that he will wait for a response by releasing it with an ulterior motive as you accuse. Please share your company name with us so we don't accidentally buy products from you.

@leozao my problem was on friendlyurls module. i asked the owner and they fixed it. 

12 minutes ago, hitabnet said:

Who would release their product without testing it and wait for the first buyers to test it and get their feedback?

any given car manufacturer, any given software outfit. You cannot test all. And because you don't have experienced it won't make it better, well lucky you.  Just have a look and compare issues with Prestashop 1.6 vs 1.7.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Nickz said:

any given car manufacturer, any given software outfit. You cannot test all. And because you don't have experienced it won't make it better, well lucky you.  Just have a look and compare issues with Prestashop 1.6 vs 1.7.

I think you're just posting to increase your comment count. I did not say that they can test everything, I already wrote that there may be points that they missed. But we are all human and we can make mistakes. This is what we call an update. Of course, we can improve the product we produce. Your accusation is that every manufacturer puts their product on the market without testing it in any way. That's why we shouldn't buy anything new. There are gaps between our comments. If you want to comment further, keep writing, I have work to do.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:36 AM, JAESE said:

-Friendly URLS -> yes

Thanks!

Did you try to reset the friendly URLs module?