Free Shipping only for some products

Hello friends, i have a problem with my total cost of shipping because I have 2 shipping companies, one for products that dont need cold and other that need cold.

The products that need cold are in one category only, and the other in the rest of categories.

The problem is that for all products that dont need cold the shipping cost is free always, except out of Spain, and the shipping cost of products need cold is free over 60 euros in the total , but only of these products.

If in the cart I have one product without cold that cost 30 euros and one product with cold that cost 40 euros the total is 70 and the shipping in the cart is free, but not is correct because i have one product with cold and the total is 30 euros.

I have a rule with only products of category with cold and company shipping cold and the total cost or order more like 60 euros for to have free shipping, but when there are in the cart products with cold and without cold i have a problem.

Any idea for solve this problem?

Regards and thank you. 

You need two carriers, call them normal and cold.

For normal products you don't assign a carrier. So they will get the cheapest, that is the normal carrier.

For the frozen product you explicitly assign the cold carrier. You can play with the weights to get an acceptable price.

When you have a mix this should ship everything with cold - at least that is what I would expect.

Thank you for your reply, the problem is that the cold carrier is free only when the total cost of cold products is bigger like 60 euros, but the normal carrier is free always, when in the cart there are products cold for example one with cost 50 euros and one no cold that cost 20 euros, the total is more like 60 euros and the total shipping is free, but is not correct because the total cost of cold products is 50........That is the problem , because the cold products are shipped from a distinct city of a no cold products, i have to send in 2 parcels from 2 different cities.

On 10/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, musicmaster said:

You need two carriers, call them normal and cold.

For normal products you don't assign a carrier. So they will get the cheapest, that is the normal carrier.

For the frozen product you explicitly assign the cold carrier. You can play with the weights to get an acceptable price.

When you have a mix this should ship everything with cold - at least that is what I would expect.