Merchant Center - How do I set GTIN Identifier Exists = False in Prestashop 1.7.8.7

Jouets2john

Hello, hoping someone can help. Newbie setting up a shop to sell second hand toys, so have no GTIN. Google Merchant Center refuses my items as they don't have a GTIN. I have read I need to set the "Identifier exists" to NO or FALSE, but see no way of doing this in Prestashop. Any help would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Jouets2john said:

Newbie setting up a shop to sell second hand toys, so have no GTIN. Google Merchant Center refuses my items as they don't have a GTIN. I have read I need to set the "Identifier exists" to NO or FALSE, but see no way of doing this in Prestashop. Any help would be appreciated.

i think Google merchant center does not really have sales. People here can chimb in and proof me wrong. Google likes to copy and the merchant center runs IMHO the same fate as Google plus. I frequent a few sales forums and no one mentioned even merchant center.

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 1:48 PM, Jouets2john said:

Hello, hoping someone can help. Newbie setting up a shop to sell second hand toys, so have no GTIN. Google Merchant Center refuses my items as they don't have a GTIN. I have read I need to set the "Identifier exists" to NO or FALSE, but see no way of doing this in Prestashop. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, the Identifier exists as a parameter you must insert it in the feed uploaded or sent to the Merchant Center. You don't have to enter this data on Prestashop.
Check the official Merchant Center Guide for second hand items, you may still need to enter the GTIN or have additional columns in the feed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, orsoazzurro said:

I have to offer custom-made products, in an artisanal way, which have no GTIN. How can I set [identifier exists] to “FALSE”

Hello, if you import the product feed into Merchant Center via Prestashop module you need to create a second supplementary feed on MC. Otherwise if you have a manual feed you just need to add the column for [identifier exists].

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orsoazzurro said:

I have to offer custom-made products, in an artisanal way, which have no GTIN. How can I set [identifier exists] to “FALSE”

Just invent your GTIN, make it up and record the made up GTINs in an excel or whatever.

4 hours ago, @diegofrancesco said:

Hello, if you import the product feed into Merchant Center via Prestashop module you need to create a second supplementary feed on MC. Otherwise if you have a manual feed you just need to add the column for [identifier exists].

Hi Diego Francesco, thank you for your answer. 

I'm using Prestashop Marketing with Google. I've read the documentation I was able to find, but I don't understand how to create a supplementary feed, nor how to add a field (perhaps here https://prnt.sc/tDwIJaLqtcWx ) and how to  map it to Google Merchant Center.

Could you suggest me some reference guides or webpage ? 

6 minutes ago, orsoazzurro said:

Hi Diego Francesco, thank you for your answer. 

I'm using Prestashop Marketing with Google. I've read the documentation I was able to find, but I don't understand how to create a supplementary feed, nor how to add a field (perhaps here https://prnt.sc/tDwIJaLqtcWx ) and how to  map it to Google Merchant Center.

Could you suggest me some reference guides or webpage ? 

You must create the supplemental feed directly in Google Merchant Center. I don't think it can be created using the Prestashop module, but I haven't checked. On the official Google guide you can find all the specifications: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7439882