Marghoob Suleman

What is RSS products feed v0.2

I don't think this is a genuine example of the feed this module generates...

More like:
http://www.prestashop.com/demo/modules/feeder/rss.php

Has anyone actually tried to syndicate/aggregate a feed generated by this prestashop module? Appears to me it has a lot of kinks to work out... (I'm trying to use lastRSS to syndicate shop products on a sister site)

The RSS feed appears to be pretty crappy out of the box. i've used feedburner to try and improve it but I just get 10 seemingly randome products in my feed. Adding new products has not updated the RSS feed. I'm looking through this forum for answers but getting nowhere.

i was hoping to be able to have a usable RSS feed for sending updates to twitter, facebook and squidoo... bummer!

EDIT & BUMP: The problem with my RSS feed was due to the & symbol being used in some product. I've looked for ways to allow the & sign to be parsed in the RSS feed but can't seem to crack it. For now having to swap & in title for the word 'and' instead - note even using the html & doesn't work nor does escaping the character with a slash.

• Like 1

hi,

any news about what you wanted to do?

I'm looking for the same thing.

I want that my Rss feed send updates to twitter, facebook etc...

I don't think this is a genuine example of the feed this module generates...

More like:
http://www.prestashop.com/demo/modules/feeder/rss.php

Has anyone actually tried to syndicate/aggregate a feed generated by this prestashop module? Appears to me it has a lot of kinks to work out... (I'm trying to use lastRSS to syndicate shop products on a sister site)

maybe you can try this...

http://www.yourdomain.com/modules/feeder/rss.php

i can try it success
please visit http://www.tokoyola.com
you can see the RSS Feed block running
  • Like 1

I have also tried to use the feed but it dosent update, when i add new products?

Anyone having succes with this module?

i hope this can help you...

at first you should install the "RSS products feed" (Products - modules)
and then
you should install the "RSS feed block" (Blocks - modules)
and configure it to http://www.yourdomain.com/modules/feeder/rss.php

save it...

i hope the result running correctly...
  • Like 1

i have activated it... but i don`t know where to find my RSS :((( (at which address) :((

heeelp pls

I tried to use this feed for facebook feedburner and co.

but everywere the same prob it shows the feed but doesnt update them if i make some new produkts they doesnt update the rss. why.

another prob is that i want to use grafity rss for facebook but there are no puplish dates for the produkts can this the prob? Can someone change it?

so looks like in 1 year this is not fixed. any chances to get this work???

I have problem , when I typ my url I got this error :

warning.gif You have selected a feed URL on your own website. Please choose another URL

any suggestion?

i have RSS feed block v1.1 by PrestaShop

how did you do that

i also created feed.php on my domain but it doesn't show anything in the browser when i enter the url of the feed.php

could you please tell me how do do it all from first step?

Hi, I still cannot find an answer to the original question where to me it looks like Marghoob was asking, if there was a way to get the complete products listing using the rss products feed.

"And is there anyway where i can get whole products xml with category."

I have managed to install the rss products feed module easy enough.

I then see the products which are on my home screen on http://www.livinghea.../feeder/rss.php

so the trick is to enter <your URL>/modules/feeder/rss.php which I didn't even find in the document regarding the rss products feed (which would be helpful)

But I too would like to be able to have all of my products displayed on this RSS feed and not only the products which are displayed on my home page.

If anyone knows how to achieve this I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Sam

Edited by livinghealthy (see edit history)

RSS feed v0.2 works just fine, no proper documentation is provided on how to use it.

www.yourdomain.com/modules/feeder/rss.php?n=10&orderway=1&orderby

Note: 

n is the number of items ( this cannot be higher than 10 )

orderway is either 0 - ASC or 1 - DESC

orderby is name, price, date_add, date_upd, position, manufacturer_name and quantity.

If anyone needs a full list of all products in XML then make a minor modification to the rss.php file and change the "n" variable to 9999 as upper limit.

--

Jena

Edited by jena (see edit history)
  • Like 2

RSS feed v0.2 works just fine, no proper documentation is provided on how to use it.

www.yourdomain.com/modules/feeder/rss.php?n=10&orderway=1&orderby

Note: 

n is the number of items ( this cannot be higher than 10 )

orderway is either 0 - ASC or 1 - DESC

orderby is name, price, date_add, date_upd, position, manufacturer_name and quantity.

If anyone needs a full list of all products in XML then make a minor modification to the rss.php file and change the "n" variable to 9999 as upper limit.

--

Jena

Hi Jena, All!

Thanks for the tip of changing the upper limit but i dont understand exactly where i find this in the rss.php. I found one line that looks like its right and changed to 9999 but it still shows 10 products. Is this the correct line?:

// Get data
$number = ((int)(Tools::getValue('n')) ? (int)(Tools::getValue('n')) : 9999);

Thank you

not sure what rss feeder version you are using, but in v.0.7.2, you must modify in TWO places in the rss.php file...

LINE 33: $number = ((int)(Tools::getValue('n')) ? (int)(Tools::getValue('n')) : 9999);

LINE 37: $products = Product::getProducts((int)$context->language->id, 0, ($number > 10 ? 9999 : $number), $orderBy, $orderWay, $id_category, true);

If you are going to specify the value "n" with every call then you only need to change the second value in the tertiary on line 37, otherwise you need to change both or the value in line 33 will be used as the default when no "n" is specified and when "n" is specified above 10, it will be set to 10 by the tertiary if/else.

Hope this helps with getting a larger feed list.

PS: You are only going to pull whatever is in the category you are calling, so 9999 is probably a pretty big number for this. The largest category in my store currently contains 498 books, all of the same series.