Update Prestashop 1.7.4.4 with modifications

pacoroige

Hello, good afternoon

I have a store (https://funatic.es) created with Prestashop 1.7.4.4 with modifications in some .tpl files and in the .css of the Classic Theme to improve its appearance and functionality

I intend to update to version 1.7.8.7, but at the time we did not add a Child theme for modifications to the previous version.

I would like to know if there is any way to do it without losing the changes, since some of these modifications are not documented.

Can someone guide me?

Thank you very much in advance !!

I would use a file comparison tool to analyse to differences/changes made in the classic theme and transfer them to a child theme + custom.css. Afterward you can upgrade without loosing your changes. Alternativly you can try to upgrade without upgrading the theme files, but it might cause issues as your version is quite old and the theme might need adjustments to work

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers !

In the end, this is the procedure I followed:

- Before the update to 1.7.8.7, I created a childclassic theme identical to classic and set it as the default theme

- I have updated Prestashop with the options: Deactivate non-native modules-YES - Upgrade the default theme-YES - Switch to the default theme-NO

- I have copied the core.js file from the themes folder of version 1.7.4.4 to the themes folder of the new version 1.7.8.7 (replace file), leaving childclassic as the default theme.

- I have reviewed non-Prestashop modules and a module (SEO audit) seemed to give problems on the product page in the back-office (never in the front-office), I uninstalled the module (saving a configuration file before uninstalling) , and installed it again with the proper version, loading the save data to the new version. One option, in case the above fails, would also be to replace the module tables in the new DB with the module tables from the old DB.

After all this, although at first everything seems to be in place, there are some problems:

1 - all this in the front-office: with the friendly URLs activated, the Quick-View window of the products on the category page does not work, the magnifying glass icon in the search bar does not work (although if the list of products appears searched, the magnifying glass icon does not redirect), and "see order" does not work in the list of orders of the active user.

2 - if I disable the friendly URLs, all of the above works, but the internal links (that show info CMS pages) on the product page and on the category pages do not work, although the redirections to legal notice - about us - privacy policy do work. confidentiality - the button to control your privacy - etc., etc.

Any ideas ?

From here on, I'm already lost

The website is https://funatic.es