how to pull data/value to make a {variable} from core PS function

scott@gjtonewood.com

I am trying to capture a {variable} from the Prestashop 1.7 back office order details. In the PAYMENTS block, if a b2b customer makes a partial payment on their account, Prestashop displays .... "Warning $x.xx paid instead of $x.xx" I would like to be able to have a {variable} that I can use in an email template that uses the AMOUNT PAID {amount_paid_TD} to date on the {order total}. See the pic below or screenshot to clarify the information I am referring to....

image.thumb.png.f002fdb44743980a63105974efa53bc0.png

I would really like to do something like this...

Hi {firstname} {lastname},
Your recent Payment has been received and applied towards Invoice {invoice_f}. You have paid a total of {amount_paid_TD} towards your invoice total of {total_paid}. Your remaining balance of {remaining_bal} is due in {next_days} days on {due_date}.

Order ID {order_name} - Invoice {invoice_f}

Awaiting Final Payment by:
Check, PayPal or Bank Wire

{amount_paid_TD} = is amount received in Prestashop on Invoice... see image above      - This variable needs to be programmed

{total_paid} = is invoice total in PS    - This variable is already functional and programmed 

{remaining_bal} = is ({total_paid}-{amount_paid_TD})     - This variable needs to be programmed

The rest of the variables in the above example have already been programmed. But for the life of me I cannot figure out where the $x.xx paid from the above image is and how to create a variable using this data.

I was working with a php programmer (he is working on this project for me) and below is our conversation:

me: Did you find the way to get the total paid from the Prestashop core to create a variable for it?

Programmer: Yes, I find a lot of this variable. This variable can't be used outside of the core files which works on the API. But still finding out the  second way to get this data. Actually Prestashop core is very hard to get the data outside of the core structure.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Scott