Hi All,

Greetings of the day.

This prestashop addon helps administrators to show interactive notifications regarding cookies used by stores as per EU Cookie Law compliance on bottom positions with a link to redirect the cookie policy page, management from the back-office with multiple options, and show different messages based on multiple store languages.

Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and can be used to recognize patterns and tastes of the user. The user’s browser saves cookies on the hard drive only during the current session occupying a minimum memory space and without harming the performance of the user’s computer. Cookies do not contain any type of specific personal information.

In Europe, every website must show a banner to say that you are using cookies. There are different laws in different countries which means actually this banner must be implemented differently. But in most cases, it is enough to have just a banner that the user can close and won't see any more after the page reload.

Cookies enable websites to gather data about visitors and users. Cookies let websites remember you, your website logins, shopping carts, and more.

This module helps to show different language information based on store language. For example, the German language store will have messages in German, and the French language store will have messages in French.

The Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation that requires websites to get consent from visitors to store or retrieve any information on a computer, Smartphone, or tablet.
It started as an EU Directive that was adopted by all EU countries in May 2011.
If you own a website, you will need to make sure it complies with the law.

This module is a light, elegant and powerful solution that allows your shop to comply with the European cookie law by informing users that your site has cookies, with a link for more information and understanding customer messages in their own language.

Features

-  Support all browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, Opera, etc.
-  Lightweight and fast loading.
-  Facility to manage all text and configuration from the back office.
-  Facility to manage positions top and bottom from back-office.
 - Supports multiple language stores with different messages based on the language of each store.
-  Addon is W3C compliant.
-  Easy to use and install.
- Compatible with PrestaShop 1.6.x,1.7.x,8.x.x
- Multiple browsers compatibility(IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, and Edge).
- Mobile, Tablet, and all devices compatible.
- Module works without doing any change in existing files on PrestaShop store versions.
- 24*7 Support
- Good Documentation

Benefits to Customers

- Customers trust your products & services.
- Customers will be informed regarding the use of cookies on websites and information storage.
- Customers will get interactive popup notifications in their language about the store followed by cookie law.
- Customers will feel safe and secure using the shop.

Installation :

Step 1:  Upload the module zip file from the back-office Module & Services menu tab. Module Manager area using the upload button. After the successful installation module menu, the link will appear in the left menu or top menu in the back-office area.
Step 2: Install the module using the install button.
Step 3: Visit the module management page from the back-office "More" area (section) in the left menu in the back office.
Step 4: The module installation process is very easy, how module configuration works can be seen in the demo instance.
Step 5: Please visit our demo instance for module configuration and usage demo.
Step 6: Please watch our YouTube channel for demo videos on the module, and how to use and configure it on the website.

- Module works without making any change in the existing PrestaShop file so that existing customization and theme change do not affect.
- We provide free technical and feature support in installation, and configuration, as well as access to updates available for this product.
- Free support on installation, configuration, and customization as per store requirements, for example, new hook addition to your store  

Other :

Please leave your valuable feedback after using the module.

This will help to increase self-confidence, improve service, and enhance the module as per requirements to make it better for different online stores.

Request:  Please share your website URL after using the module to help others to see how the module works on your website.

Download Module and Documentation

Demo URL => https://www.presta-addons-modules.com/en/

• Pay any amount as per your choice to get the geolocation, multi-languages,multi-shops, multi-shop-groups and more features with lifetime support in the free addon.

22-min.PNG

33-min.PNG

11-min.PNG

55-min.PNG

44-min.PNG

77-min.PNG

66-min.PNG

rsz_cookie.png

sfkcookiebanner.zip

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated for screenshot & new features information (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Hello, mr_absinthe,

Thanks for your message. Showing the banner is okay as per my study. The banner will be shown after 365 days when visitors accept cookies and will not show again when visitors visit the website from the same browser again. The cookie policy link has all details about cookies, their usage, and related information about cookies.

There are different types of cookies like analytic cookies, authentication cookies, cookies used by social networks, and cookies used by external content add-ons. One accepts button for all instead checkbox or option to choose selected cookies by the banner.

I see in your image a checkbox is given for each type of cookie to accept which is fine.In your screenshot options are given for each cookie to accept using a checkbox and in my module one Accept or Ok button for all cookies

I will share the online article and documentation link later to confirm my understanding.

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Ang34,

Greetings of the day.

Thanks for your message.

The module zip file is attached to the previous post. Also, the demo link website has a module download feature.

If you want advanced features like Geolocation support,multi-shop groups, and shops support then PM (personal message ) me.

Best Regards,

On 9/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, Zohaib-fk said:

Thanks for your messages. I will update the module with checkbox options to choose each cookie, Block cookies unless the user gives consent, and Option to deny cookies.

Attached screenshot for reference.

cookiebannerexample.PNG

Hello Zohaib-fk,

You're doing a great job. Unfortunately, according to European legislation, the user has to be able to select which cookies he wants to allow and that no cookie is installed until he approves it. Do you think you could have a version like the one joseantgv and mr_absinthe were talking about anytime soon? Thank you!

Hi BlackCrow,

Greetings of the day.

Thanks for your message.

I am working on version 8.0 testing, I see there is an update in the Symfony framework therefore small error.

https://build.prestashop-project.org/news/prestashop-8-0-0-available/

I see it works fine on debug mode when visiting module pages from the back office and disabling debug mode after some time.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

cookieps2.png

cookieps.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)

• Zohaib-fk changed the title to [FREE MODULE] PrestaShop Cookie Consent Banner

Hi Friends,

Greetings of the day.

Thanks for your messages.

I have updated the module with the "Compliance Type" option. The first option does not display after accepting.

The second record on the below demo instance is an example of how to configure.

https://www.hrms-systems.com/pstest/admindemo/index.php

Username / Password: [email protected]/Demodemo123

Attached are screenshots for your reference.

The next work in progress is to disable cookies after the decline or deny option chosen by the user. I am working on disabling the cookie option as per the documentation.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

uhyhyhy.png

ikikikiki.png

kikikikiytu.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk
  • Like 2

Hello Nepo77,

I created a demo video on module installation, configuration, and how it works. I did the testing of the Compliance Type feature as well.

It is 13 min demo video and below is the link.

Video Link

Also, Below demo instance has an example and module demo

Back Office URL: https://www.hrms-systems.com/pstest/admindemo/index.php

Username: [email protected]
Password: Demodemo123

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated with module demo instance and demo video (see edit history)

Thanks for your messages. I will update the module with checkbox options to choose each cookie, Block cookies unless the user gives consent, and Option to deny cookies.

Hi, do you think you'll be able to deliver as per your message and our ideas?

cookiebannerexample.PNG

• Like 1

Hello Nepo77,

Try downloading the module from the below link. I attached the updated module zip file in the first post and attached it to this post as well.

https://www.presta-addons-modules.com/en/free-modules/prestashop-cookie-consent-banner.html

Please uninstall the old version with the delete files option and install the new version module zip file.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

sfkcookiebanner.zip

uuuuuuuu.png

opopoiiio.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Zohaib, I stumbled over this thread - good work. :)

Maybe this project gives you some inspiration for the consent management (opt-in of services): 

https://github.com/duGuillaume/k_cookies

I haven't tested it and the repo is inactive since 4 years, but the open source project it is making use of is still active and looks promising:

https://github.com/AmauriC/tarteaucitron.js

• 2 months later...

for info: tested on PS 1.7.6.5 and 8.0.1

on PS 1.7.6.5: all visually works, expect

• not clear how to change color of the black box and buttons
  • location "banner bottom"is actually showing box on top left

on PS 8.0.1: "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to go to module manager 

• to resolve, since module manager is not working, manual deletion of the folder .../modules/sfkcookiebanner  via FTP

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 19.25.24.png

Edited by Yulia Vitun
retested (see edit history)

Hello Yulia Vitun,

Greetings of the day.

Thanks for your message.

Please try to install and uninstall the process on the below test instance.

Also, the module is configured and working fine on the below test instance .

Please watch the demo video about how to install, configure and use the module.

Password: Demodemo123

Edited by Zohaib-fk (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Zohaib-fk said:

Hello Yulia Vitun,

Greetings of the day.

Thanks for your message.

Please try to install and uninstall the process on the below test instance.

Also, the module is configured and working fine on the below test instance .

Please watch the demo video about how to install, configure and use the module.

Password: demodemo

Hi Zohaib-fk,

thanks for quick reply. 

Question: on PS 8.0.1 I have got an error 500 and had to manually delete folder to restore access to Module Manager (see my previous post)

However I still see link to "Cookie Consent Banner" on the left menu side.

- Could you advise how to completely delete your module from the system on 8.0.1?

Edited by Yulia Vitun (see edit history)

Hi Yulia Vitun,

Greetings of the day.

When the module uninstall, it deletes entries from 2 tables for the left menu 1. ps_tab and ps_tab_lang

Attached are screenshots for your reference. Please delete module entries from the above table, you can use PHPMYADMIN from cpanel of web hosting to access the database of PrestaShop.

Please PM me, and I will help to solve the problem.

ccccc.png

cccc.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cookiebannerexample.PNG

Do you think that you will ever deliver such module?

• 3 weeks later...

Zohaib-fk

Thank you, I have it installed, but the cookie selection does not work for me.
I am attaching a printscreen of the settings and also a display on the website.
It also shows me the module always at the top and not at the bottom as it is set.
Thank you very much for your advice and reply

cookie_modul.jpg

Hi Maxflor,

Thanks for your message.

There is an option named "Choose Position" to choose the Floating bottom left or bottom right position.

I have installed and configured the module on below demo instance for your reference. Attached screenshots.

https://www.hrms-systems.com/presta-addons/admin619j6kpbb/index.php

If you still face difficulties in the configuration of the module, share the back-office details in PM, and I will do it from my end.

fggregfdgfdgfd.png

ferterrytyty.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk (see edit history)

Zohaib-fk- Thanks for the response, the location doesn't work as specified - I'll try to clear the cache to see if it happens to be doing mischief. But we probably misunderstood each other, I would need to make a selection of cookies - as in the attachment.

image.png.ca351ad27551b1bec719c540f90587f3.png

• 2 months later...

Please, is there any way to download the module and make it work? It would be great to have a free module for this, and apparently some people have been able to install it and make it work... any help would be appreciated!