[SOLVED] I can not get email to work on Prestashop using Google SMTP

Why can't I use google's SMTP with prestashop?  I've followed countless online guides but I always have an issue with authentication.  I'm using the correct login and pw.  I even created a new email specifically for this and it just won't authenticate.  Did google shut down the availability of their smtp servers to prestashop users? 

Google isn't very clear either.  When you create the app password, I don't know if it's showing the image as an example or if you're supposed to use the email on the screen.  But they show "[email protected]"  It doesn't matter if I use that or my actual email address, it can not authenticate.  How can I get email to work on this?  I'm self hosting so port 25 is blocked, but 587 and 446 are opened.  Is this on my end or did google make a policy change that broke everything for prestashop?

image.thumb.png.be6b18876eb9efffb7cfb56fed413e30.png

image.png

Edited by falken76 (see edit history)

• falken76 changed the title to [SOLVED] I can not get email to work on Prestashop using Google SMTP
5 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

If you have set ports, STMP server correctly  with APP password it should work just fine. I not long ago set gmail for the client and after some issues, we make it done. Let me know if you want any help on that in private.

@falken76

Thank you, I appreciate the offer.  It's working now, I was entering an email address as opposed to just the username.