1 click upgrade not working

At trying to upgrade to PS 1.7.8.7, the checklist mentions:
"The 1-click upgrade module is up-to-date (your current version is v4.12.0)" and a red cross appears.

That is strange, it should mention: "is not up-to-date", while the newest version is 4.14.2. Isn't it?
And I can not continue as long as this is solved.
Updating the 1-click upgrade module seems not possible. Any change to the module causes the Back Office to get inaccessibele. I have to put back my back-up to get it working again. Even if I click on "configure" in the module.
I also downloaded the version 4.14.2 from Github and installed that: no avail.

3 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

Did you try with uninstall / delete module folder. Clear the cache and manual install 1-click upgrade module v 4.14.2.

Yes, I did. 

Only I did not clear the cache. Is that essential?
If yes, which cache? The cache of my browser?

In our case, we had an error about 'cant read file key.php' which file was supposed to be on admin/autoupgrade/tmp folder, but tmp folder is not in the autoupgrade folder.. When we create the tmp folder under the module folder, it throws this error

Malformed namespaced template name "@ModuleAutoUpgrade:error.twig" (expecting "@namespace/template_name").

And then we realize, that it was just write permissions error of the autoupgrade folder.. After fixing that, it works ok.

25 minutes ago, orotoi said:

In our case, we had an error about 'cant read file key.php' which file was supposed to be on admin/autoupgrade/tmp folder, but tmp folder is not in the autoupgrade folder.. When we create the tmp folder under the module folder, it throws this error

Malformed namespaced template name "@ModuleAutoUpgrade:error.twig" (expecting "@namespace/template_name").

And then we realize, that it was just write permissions error of the autoupgrade folder.. After fixing that, it works ok.

Thanks for this hint!
I found the autoupgrade folder. What should the permissions be?
Now it reads: rwx r-x r-x

It seems you have ok permissions (the first 3 is the owner.. and has Read/Write/eXecute).

But you may be running the service with other user.. Maybe try give Write to group (the second triad.. making it rwx-rwx-r-x  ..or if u see numbers is 755 and 775)

Unfortunately for me tho, in the process of auto-upgrade.. another error came on.. about a change in the configuration table on and I m currently searching for it..

@ComGrafPL

Have you manage to use the latest autoupgrade module successfully? Any idea for above?

Thanks again. We may give that a try.
But after more then a full day of work on this issue, we decided to wait a while.
The latest version of the 1 click module is only a few days old and apparently we are not the only one with this kind of problems.
Hopefully the developers work on it.
I will report here when we find a solution.

No, we still can not update the 1 click upgrade module.
And your new error is unknown to me.

15 godzin temu, orotoi napisał:

It seems you have ok permissions (the first 3 is the owner.. and has Read/Write/eXecute).

But you may be running the service with other user.. Maybe try give Write to group (the second triad.. making it rwx-rwx-r-x  ..or if u see numbers is 755 and 775)

Unfortunately for me tho, in the process of auto-upgrade.. another error came on.. about a change in the configuration table on and I m currently searching for it..

@ComGrafPL

Have you manage to use the latest autoupgrade module successfully? Any idea for above?

I would use an older version and try it out. Either custom free module to upgrade to the latest PS version. 775 on folder should work on this permission issue tho.

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to update a 1.6.1.4 of PrestaShop but the 1 Click Upgrade module gives me a red X with the "The 1-click upgrade module is up-to-date (your current version is v4.14.2)".  What's weird is that it's saying it's up to date but still gives me a Red X. 

I've tried
1. Deleting and reinstalling the module
2. Turned off cache and cleared cache
3. Permissions are set to 777 on all files and folders

Any suggestions?

Edited by Danny Moreno (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

@Danny Moreno

You probably solved it already, but it's a bug. The latest version is 4.15 currently, download it from here https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade/releases and add it as a new module to prestashop, it'll udpate the existing one.

It's comparing your version with the version from here https://api.prestashop.com/xml/channel.xml, search for autoupgrade there, there is a link as well.

Thanks for your post. No we did not solve it yet.
Now I tried again to install the newest 1-click upgrade. First I uninstalled the old version, but after that the whole back-office is inaccessible. So I have to restore the backup.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2023 at 1:44 PM, ovlcek said:

@Danny Moreno

You probably solved it already, but it's a bug. The latest version is 4.15 currently, download it from here https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade/releases and add it as a new module to prestashop, it'll udpate the existing one.

It's comparing your version with the version from here https://api.prestashop.com/xml/channel.xml, search for autoupgrade there, there is a link as well.

that's right

for solve the problem just go in autoupgrade module directory and edit config.xml and set the latest version in "version" xml tag (for now is 4.15.0)

eg: <version><![CDATA[4.15.0]]></version>

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...