Optimize Prestashop live Instance, both the file server and database server

Ali Samie

Hello community members. Every instance of prestashop which grows and gains more customers, gets slower relatively.

I thought of a topic to share ideas about how to find a way out of this problem. I know some quick fixes but they will have temporary results, and according to their type of solution, we do not expect major positive effects.

I have searched for this recently and found a well described article of prestashop core developers here: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/scale/optimizations/

Now I would like to ask you as a member, developer, shop owner or any other tilte that you carry after your name, to share your ideas here so others can make use and we can compare them to find the best solutions.

I was thinking of something weired. I wonder if it is possible to break database table into some categories based on the type of data we store, and use multiple databases. For example one type of data that currently we store in database is Log messages. We normally do not need all that data in a daily routine, unless we have faced an abnormal behaviour on the application and need to investigate through the log messages. So, imagine if we had another database just for the logs, we could make our database IO faster because our front application database has less tables. Our customers do not need to know about the logs. This would also persuade module developers to use that tables for log data in their module too. For example a module that stores SMS logs, or email logs, can take benefit of that database, becasue normally we write to a log table way more that we want to read from that.