IMG folder too big p 1.6.1.14

Dreamer83

56 minutes ago, Dreamer83 said:

Hi i've migrated a ps.1.6.1.14 to another server, the only folder that i'm nt able to migrate is IMG folder because is 15.3 GB is there a way to delete some folder inside IMG or some file that ps doesn't use?

thanks 

sure is but its quite a job.

1.) Make backups and then find alle the active product images and delete the rest.

Might be wiser to renew the Shop, a fresh set up would be best. The longer a shop exists the larger is the database and most images folders.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

Well... The img folder contains most of the images on the shop. I bet the big folder is actually img/p, which contains all your product images so you might not want to delete that.

The solution you can use is to:
1. archive the folder directly from the SSL and not from File Manager;
2. archive by smaller parts (img/p/1 in 1 archive, img/p/2 in another archive and so on);
3. download the images on your computer using FileZilla or other FTP manager (it would take hours, maybe days), then archive and upload the archive to the new server;

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, Dreamer83 said:

Hi i've migrated a ps.1.6.1.14 to another server, the only folder that i'm nt able to migrate is IMG folder because is 15.3 GB is there a way to delete some folder inside IMG or some file that ps doesn't use?

update of what happened?