Prestashop and Goggle SMTP issues - Can't send out emails

mcbole62

Since the beginning of June, it looks like a lot of folks are suffering from Prestashop not being able to send out order confirmation emails, etc.  I am suffering from the same problem.   Customer shipping notices, password changes, etc don't work.   While searching for a solution, I found that on May 30, 2022, Google stopped using 2 part authentication; meaning that username and password are not enough to get through to the SMTP.   Here is the error message that comes up from within prestashop when you try and 'Test' send an email:

Error: Please check your configuration

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 3 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q29-20020a027b1d000000b00331b5a2c5d4sm10095546jac.164 - gsmtp ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q29-20020a027b1d000000b00331b5a2c5d4sm10095546jac.164 - gsmtp ". Authenticator XOAUTH2 returned Expected response code 250 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q29-20020a027b1d000000b00331b5a2c5d4sm10095546jac.164 - gsmtp ".

So has anyone come up with a solution to add a 3rd verification or what ever else Google needs to get the SMTP to work properly ?   It's a bit of a pain to have everyone wonder where there product is or if they even submitted an order correctly when they don't get an email sent to them.   Currently using 1.7.7.8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by lots of people, I'm sure !

Thanks...

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
2 godziny temu, kokiamarket napisał:

I have the same problem now and my customers are only complaining.

2.JPG

1.JPG

For gmail you need to generate additional api password on google setting to work things out.  And use it instead of your email password.

to Knacky,

That link is old now.... being that the information in it isn't available or is of the old 2 part authentication method, not the new 3 part.   

To Nickz,

That would work but will that email be sent to my Gmail account?    The reason I like using Gmail, is all of my mail is on one place, I don't have to search through 2 or more email accounts.  As for how good it looks, that's not the critical part for me anyways, but access to all mail in one location would be very handy.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...