Convenient translations in one place

Hello! I'm looking for some way to do the translations from one place (it can be some CSV/XML/XLF file to export, translate, and import back, it can be some tricks I could implement or some module with admin interface where by searching a phrase I could tranlate it easily, it can be anything which non-dev could easily understand and use). The issue with the current translation system - it's complicated and requires dev knowledges and translations can't be reassigned to the website admin let's say. Using the current system I need to know where the origin of a phrase, if this is theme or particular module etc which IMHO makes it complicated (i.e. it's not obvious that some filters block phrases are translated by looking for ps_facetedsearch extension and looking for a phrase).

Thanks in advance,

Michael

26 minutes ago, Michael Shelest said:

Hello! I'm looking for some way to do the translations from one place (it can be some CSV/XML/XLF file to export, translate, and import back, it can be some tricks I could implement or some module with admin interface where by searching a phrase I could tranlate it easily, it can be anything which non-dev could easily understand and use). The issue with the current translation system - it's complicated and requires dev knowledges and translations can't be reassigned to the website admin let's say. Using the current system I need to know where the origin of a phrase, if this is theme or particular module etc which IMHO makes it complicated (i.e. it's not obvious that some filters block phrases are translated by looking for ps_facetedsearch extension and looking for a phrase).

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Managing Translations in PS can be a challenge but has seen improvement with 1.7. 

1. Front Office output including categories/subcategories....shipping/payment which will be a real challenge to export and import

2. Catalog, product infos, meta's.

Have you given PS translation dashboard a trial?

With advent of browser translations, and in some instances you can auto fire browser xlate....this requires the base language to be 'well' written to get good xlation by browser.

Here is what I thought brilliant module from 2020, no traction or feedback and worth a try on a staging copy to kick the tires.

there are third party platforms which offer pretty cool capabilities, i.e. you manage your website data there including translations, worth a look.

here is search for 3rd party

Thank you for your reply!

I just tried the extension, it has a convenient admin interface but basically looks like it manages ps_translation table records which unfortunately don't rewrite everything. They don't override translations in a lot of cases I tried + it still requires knowing tranlsation domain from the code. I suppose it's more like for the cases when you develop an extension or change the theme and need to add some tranlsation and you can easily do using the extension but not something global which could manage all the translations you could encounter.

I was looking for a Prestashop BE solution initially (as I just need to translate/change only 2-3 hundred phrases around the website) but if nothing found - will look into a 3rd party module as a last option.

Thanks,
Michael

• Like 1