Multistore category indexation and availability

LazyCircles

Hello Community,

Using P.S version 1.7.6.5. 

I've found a weird behaviour using multistore set up, don't know if I have some misconfiguration...

So let's say we have SHOP1 and SHOP2 with 2 different category pages like this (same theme-robots but different IDs): 

www.SHOP1.com/toys/robots/12

www.SHOP2.com/brinquedos/robots/89

Happens that: 

www.SHOP1.com/toys/robots/89 = 404 - ok 

www.SHOP1.com/brinquedos/robots/89 = Wrong because it shows the exact page of SHOP2 and it should return 404.

For the customer point of view there's no big problem, the problem is google is indexing a page on a wrong domain and showing it in the search results.

Let me know if you need more details. 

Thanks for helping.

KR,  

• 2 months later...

Ok, I've found the workaround thought it fixes the problem temporarly. 

Basically when a category is created, depending on the languages that you have installed on it will create as many entries in the ps_category_lang table as languages you have, meaning that you will be able to open any category from store A on store B or vice versa. 

To temporarly fix it, just made a query to delete the entries on category_lang that don't belong to the shop in question. 

(dont forget to back up)

KR, 

On 8/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, LazyCircles said:

Basically when a category is created, depending on the languages that you have installed on it will create as many entries in the ps_category_lang table as languages you have, meaning that you will be able to open any category from store A on store B or vice versa. 

To temporarly fix it, just made a query to delete the entries on category_lang that don't belong to the shop in question. 

(dont forget to back up)

KR, 

Unfortunatly multistore is a mess 🙈

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 1:06 PM, LazyCircles said:

(dont forget to back up)

KR, 

Multistore seems to fail on some actions. I think you need to delete unused languages in your shops. For example you have shop1 and shop2 so you have lang1 and lang2. you need to delete lang1 from shop2 and lang2 from shop1.
Another bad thing is that some methods like associateTo does not work properly in multistore. You need to do the sql tricks as you said. Totally when it comes to multistore, you need to get your hands dirty because ps needs lots of documents at this step

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, stifler97 said:

Multistore seems to fail on some actions. I think you need to delete unused languages in your shops. For example you have shop1 and shop2 so you have lang1 and lang2. you need to delete lang1 from shop2 and lang2 from shop1.
Another bad thing is that some methods like associateTo does not work properly in multistore. You need to do the sql tricks as you said. Totally when it comes to multistore, you need to get your hands dirty because ps needs lots of documents at this step

Exactly!