How to connect an API (Top Tex) to update stock according to a supplier

LucasC

Hi,

I am a developer but I am not very familiar with Prestashop and I would like to know if it is possible to use an API to manage the stocks of your store? If so, how? (For my part, I will use the TopTex API)

Thank you in advance for your help,

all regards, 

3 hours ago, LucasC said:

Hi,

I am a developer but I am not very familiar with Prestashop and I would like to know if it is possible to use an API to manage the stocks of your store? If so, how? (For my part, I will use the TopTex API)

Thank you in advance for your help,

all regards, 

Hi,
The basic concept to connect PrestaShop with an API is to use a module for the prestashop that creates a bridge between the two systems. 
Through this module you can request the needed informations from the TopTex API and update the stocks (in your case) in your prestashop. 
Firstly I recommend you to familiarize with the prestashop and the module creation. 
You can find the documentation here: 
https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/
I hope that I could help.
Have a nice day, Leo.

51 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Thank you for your answer, so I have to create the module myself or does a module linking to an API exist?

Hi,

You need to create a module yourself that makes this connection.
You can use PrestaShop's documentation. https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/webservice/

I hope that I could help.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Leo

26 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Thank you, I looked at the documentation, but it's unclear, do you have an example module to connect to an API?

It's not the module wrapper that is important it's the actual code to a accomplish a feature.  For module example use any module on your dev shop.  Hopefully the 3rd larty feature you are wanting has api .doc.