Get product discount on CMS page.

Hello:

I am using version 1.7.8.5 of PrestaShop. I have created a CMS page, and I have created a template in the path /themes/classic/templates/cms/ to be able to display fully personalized content.

So far, so good. In a section of the page, I want to display products from a certain category.

I have achieved this without problems using the following code:

{assign var="products" value=Product::getProducts(1, 0, 6, 'id_product', 'DESC', 11, true)}
{foreach $products as $product}
  <div class="product-description">
      <h3 class="h3 product-title">
          <a href="{Context::getContext()->link->getProductLink( $product.id_product )}" content="{Context::getContext()->link->getProductLink($product.id_product )}">{$product.name}
          </a>
       </h3>
  </div>
{/foreach}

The loop works and the products are displayed. My problem is that I can't show the discounts of the products. I have tried various solutions based on other system TPLs, but I can't get the product discount.

{if $product.has_discount}
	{if $product.discount_type === 'percentage'}
		<span class="discount-percentage discount-product">{l s='Save %percentage%' d='Shop.Theme.Catalog' sprintf=['%percentage%' => $product.discount_percentage_absolute]}</span>
    {else}
    	<span class="discount discount-amount"> {l s='Save %amount%' d='Shop.Theme.Catalog' sprintf=['%amount%' => $product.discount_to_display]}</span>
    {/if}
{else}
	<span class="price" aria-label="Precio">{$product.price|ceil}&nbsp;€</span>
{/if}

But the non-discounted price is always displayed, even on products that have it.

How can I check if a product has a discount or specific prices, and then show it if so?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Kelsier (see edit history)

Update:

I have ended up making a module, with a hook, which I call from a tpl. The hook works perfectly, it collects the products of the category, with all the information, including the specific prices. But I still have a problem, I can't get the variable to be passed to the tpl.

I am using the smarty->assing method but it doesn't work, in the tpl the variable returns null.

This is the code of my hook.

if (array_key_exists('max', $params)) {
            $max = $params['max'];
        }
        else{
            $max = 1000;
        }

$category = new Category(
            $params['id_category'], //id de la categoría
            (int)Context::getContext()->language->id // id del idioma
        );
        $caronteProducts = $category->getProducts(
            (int)Context::getContext()->language->id, //id lenguaje
             1, //número de páginas
             $max, //productos por páginas
             'date_add', //order by
             'DESC', //order way
             false, //get total
             true, //mostrar activos
             false, // random
             1, // random_number_products
             true, //check access
             Context::getContext() //context
        );
        $this->context->smarty->assign('caronteProducts', $caronteProducts);
        return $caronteProducts;

And so, that's how I call it from the tpl.

{hook h="displayCaronteCategories" id_category=11}
      {$caronteProducts|var_dump}

However, when doing the var_dump from the tpl, the variable returns Null. From the hook the variable shows all the information.

image.png

Any help please?

Edited by Kelsier (see edit history)

Can you please create a template file inside your module's folder and call it instead of returning the object you just created? (return $caronteProducts)

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'file.tpl');

Then try to var_dump the object from your newly created template file. If you hooked your module to "displayCaronteCategories" and it's correctly registered you should get a result, unless your object does not contain data.

Let me know

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer, I have tried registering the TPL from the hook. 

My problem is that I call the hook from a tpl assigned to a CMS. Like this:

{hook h="displayCaronteCategories" id_category=11}

If I call the hook from the tpl, and then from the hook I tell it to show the tpl again, it will show the content incorrectly, it can even loop with itself right?

That's how modules work after all. You call your hook from a theme template file, then your module calls its own template file. At any rate, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't assign a smarty variable inside a module, and then use it in a theme template file outside your module, because you've assigned that variable inside a method/function, and you can only use it if you make an instance of the class (yourModule class). If storing a loop inside your object/variable is all your module does, you're safe removing your "Return $caronteProducts" line and adding  return $this->display(__FILE__, 'file.tpl'); it should not make an infinite loop.

If you feel safe doing so, please share your module main php file and I'll take a look

Edited by Luis C (see edit history)