Front Office Product Reference

delconick

Does anyone know how to disable the front office product reference, I am needing to use this reference tab for the wholesale item number and wanting to disable it so customer's don't see this information unless there is a secret spot to put supplier item sku's in without customer's seeing that content.

My prestashop is running on 1.7.7.6.

Edited by delconick (see edit history)

hi,

you can simply hide it via css i.e. placing this in your Theme/Assets/Css/Custom.css file

.product-reference {Display:none!important;}

or you can comment out this in your Theme Tpl files usually in product.tpl & category.tpl (depends on your theme structure)

Please hit love button above if you finds this usefull

Regards

10 minutes ago, SMTmardan said:

hi,

you can simply hide it via css i.e. placing this in your Theme/Assets/Css/Custom.css file

.product-reference {Display:none!important;}

or you can comment out this in your Theme Tpl files usually in product.tpl & category.tpl (depends on your theme structure)

Please hit love button above if you finds this usefull

Regards

There is no Custom.css file under my theme in Assets/css/ directory.

1 minute ago, delconick said:

There is no Custom.css file under my theme in Assets/css/ directory.

you can create one or you can try adding it to theme.css file there. or your theme-module in back office have custom css options to set.

Regards

2 minutes ago, SMTmardan said:

you can create one or you can try adding it to theme.css file there. or your theme-module in back office have custom css options to set.

Regards

Yeah I ain't an expert at css/js stuff Added it into theme.css , clicked save, refreshed front end page and reference still shows. There is no custom.css in back office and dunno how to create, I would assume the theme I am using doesn't support custom.css

1 minute ago, delconick said:

Yeah I ain't an expert at css/js stuff Added it into theme.css , clicked save, refreshed front end page and reference still shows. There is no custom.css in back office and dunno how to create, I would assume the theme I am using doesn't support custom.css

Please can you share url of the page in which reference is showing?  also had you cleared the cache?

On 5/10/2022 at 10:26 PM, delconick said:

Sending you a direct message

Yes its grainfoodmarket>assets>css>theme.css   

even try by creating a new file custom.css in grainfoodmarket>assets>css>custom.css

and place the code.

did u had placed the code at the very end in the theme.css file?

Also clearing cache from back office is very important, as i can see cache is turned on ur store

1 hour ago, Mian Waqas said:

Yes its grainfoodmarket>assets>css>theme.css   

even try by creating a new file custom.css in grainfoodmarket>assets>css>custom.css

and place the code.

did u had placed the code at the very end in the theme.css file?

Also clearing cache from back office is very important, as i can see cache is turned on ur store

Yes, I've cleared cache and posted at bottom

11 hours ago, delconick said:

Here is the bottom of theme.css

product reference.PNG

Please place it at the very end, also can you Disable backoffice>advance parameters>performence > "Smart cache" for style sheets (CSS)" and then clear cache. so that way i will be able to see exact location of where to place the code.

Edited by Mian Waqas (see edit history)