Can't save changes in Short Description and Description (1.7.8.5)

With the update to 1.78.5 i have serious problem saving Short Description and Description in one of my websites.

I have detected that when I try to add a new product, if I see the "Resumen / Short Description" field as in this screenshot, anything I enter is NOT SAVED in the database.

88720897_Captura11-04-2022-17-16-31.thumb.jpg.7c2e36bd07eed8629e6b79a66e6b668d.jpg

But if I look at the field as follows, everything works normally.

184206971_Captura11-04-2022-17-17-03.thumb.jpg.4e9fe5f32b252892ac64181ed5664a3c.jpg

I have tried disabling overrides, disabling many of the modules... and nothing seems to work.

If I inspect the field I see this code:

2099353966_Captura11-04-2022-17-27-22.thumb.jpg.b1487bde3525e098c8155dfae0cda137.jpg

I'm going crazy locating the error, any help is welcome!

• 1 month later...

I update to last version (1.7.8.6) and updated all modules... and i have the same problem. I can't save Short Description and Description. I need to disable javascript to change this fields values. Any idea how i can debug this problem?

• 2 months later...

Nobody can help?

I have made a copy of the website in local and disabled one by one all the plugins... the problem persists. The only way to save data in those two fields is to temporarily disable javascript... it's crazy.

Can you share your shop url for us to check?

Sometimes if the js has problems, its just a user agent issue.

I have faced this once earlier on a client website. I am using Ubuntu and Firefox, I had to install this add-on  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/uaswitcher/?utm_source=gitlab

Just install this add-on if you use Firefox. There is an alternative for Google Chrome too. Then test the shop with another user-agent.

• 2 weeks later...

@vekia Milosz from MyPresta help me with this problem.

There is a problem with rich text editor triggerSave() process.

Not to waste many hours diving into JS code to locate the exact error, has been made easier.

Installing the module (https://mypresta.eu/modules/administration-tools/tinymce-pro-extended-rich-text-editor.html).

It works great and the problem is solved!

I leave the note here in case it happens to anyone else.