Prestashop 1.7.8.4 Post admin login, nothing appears other than version

Need Help,

I have been using prestashop for a very long time now (ab out 7+ years). However I hardly upgrade the version because 1. I am not a developer, 2 I am afraid something might break and i will have to spend a long time to try to fix the issue.

The result of this is I am still running 1.7.8.4 version. The website works okayish mostly as a user or guest. I used to work fine as admin also and the last time I logged into the admin panel was about 3-4 months back. Today when i tried to login, the login was successful but instead of the dashboard page loading, I only see the prestashop logo and the version number displayed. (screenshot attached).

The website is hosted on Godaddy server and the current PHP version is 7.4 on which the web site is running. This PHP version has upgrade available to 8.1.

Please help...

1. Do I upgrade the PHP version to 8.1?

2. How do i see the admin panel dashboard so that I can use the one-click upgrade for prestashop

1.png

I upgraded the PHP version to 8.1 and also was able to upgrade the prestashop version to 1.7.8.5 using GoDaddy application upgrade option but still the same problem with post admin login. I see only the logo, my website name and version.

Please help....

2.png

• 2 weeks later...

No... the frontend part of the website which the customers see is working fine now. The problem is with the back-end part where the admin would login. I ad=s an admin when I try to login, I am able to login but then see nothing except for the screenshot attached above in the post.

Hence I am seeking/asking for help on how to fix the backend issue.

BTW, sorry for the late response.

17 hours ago, V-5 said:

No... the frontend part of the website which the customers see is working fine now. The problem is with the back-end part where the admin would login. I ad=s an admin when I try to login, I am able to login but then see nothing except for the screenshot attached above in the post.

Hence I am seeking/asking for help on how to fix the backend issue.

BTW, sorry for the late response.

PLease try to clear Cache of your Browser to delete Cookie

5 hours ago, tdsoft said:

PLease try to clear Cache of your Browser to delete Cookie

Already did. Cleared cache for all time and deleted cookies as well. Tries on a different browser and a different computer as well. Used incognito mode also in all the browsers and other computer too but for backend, after login I see only the screenshot attached in my post on the top.

22 hours ago, juanrojas said:

image.thumb.png.6007242cb64e8e39f95c9938b7d7f624.png

Like I mentioned, I see the login page for backend, but after i put in my username and password, I see nothing except for the the Prestashop penguin logo and version number. (See screenshot below).

image.png.a02d743cc0444a13be040299baff1362.png 

Edited by V-5 (see edit history)

15 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

Try with lower PHP.

image.thumb.png.e92841fc821532b3a82f5e42ee65c9a2.png

As you can see from the screenshot above from my hosting control panel, I am currently using Prestashop 1.7.8.5 with  PHP version 7.4 

Try with lower PHP.

image.thumb.png.f881a20099286c251d228fe1215a2a17.png

As suggested, I lowered the PHP version further lower as u can see in the screenshot above, I still am not able to see anything post admin login (screenshot below).

image.png.67e5b06d4f2992ab9a96648a04f3b62e.png

Try with lower PHP.

image.png

Next available lower version of PHP on Godaddy Hosting control panel was 5.6 which i tried as well, however with PHP 5.6 version, the website does not even load (screenshot below). So I have for now reverted the PHP version back to 8.0 so that at least my website is working.

image.png.41ef388f1bd777c38f1dcc1159848ed9.png

1 hour ago, ComGrafPL said:

Did you try to see any errors in debug mode? Maybe theres any corrupted file, module.

Enable debug mode:

config/defines.inc.php

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Done. Debug mode enabled as suggested. now what...

1 hour ago, ComGrafPL said:

Did you try to see any errors in debug mode? Maybe theres any corrupted file, module.

Enable debug mode:

config/defines.inc.php

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

In the .htaccess file under config folder as suggested, I see the following information:

NOTE: This file was last updated on Mar 15, 2022.

# Apache 2.2
<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</IfModule>

# Apache 2.4
<IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require all denied
</IfModule>

On 4/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, endriu107 said:

Prestashop 1.7.8.X working good only with PHP from 7.1 to 7.4 (recommended), if you have php 8.0 is too height.

I have reverted the PHP version back to 7.4

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, PrestaServicePro said:

Hello,
Did you check the session table and function for admin?
Maybe not created during login 

Not sure how to do that. 

Today I upgraded the prestashop version from 1.7.8.5 to the latest 1.7.8.8. 

Post update, the frontend (website) is working fine, however the backend login issue still remains as it is. 

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 7.14.18 PM.png

checked the log and found this:

[Thu Feb 23 06:26:33.021454 2023] [lsapi:error] [pid 55881:tid 140504460834560] [client 103.206.114.180:64880] [host www.veelson5er.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/d5b0s8hzw6oe/public_html/prestashop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Debug/ErrorHandler.php on line 644\n, referer: http://www.veelson5er.com/prestashop/admin_panel/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=3c5d381504f4c6c8dc212421e34dfcc3

19 minutes ago, V-5 said:

checked the log and found this:

[Thu Feb 23 06:26:33.021454 2023] [lsapi:error] [pid 55881:tid 140504460834560] [client 103.206.114.180:64880] [host www.veelson5er.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/d5b0s8hzw6oe/public_html/prestashop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Debug/ErrorHandler.php on line 644\n, referer: http://www.veelson5er.com/prestashop/admin_panel/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=3c5d381504f4c6c8dc212421e34dfcc3

Hello,

Increase memory size to the maximum(512) then clear cache and try again.

if you will get same issue then contact us and we will try to figure out the issue you have faced.

Good day 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hello,

Increase memory size to the maximum(512) then clear cache and try again.

if you will get same issue then contact us and we will try to figure out the issue you have faced.

Good day 

increased the memory size as recommended. Still the same.

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.04.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.04.16 PM.png

1 hour ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hmm, it seems you have a session issue and during the admin login session table was created but not filed with the necessary data.
We can debug it for you and give you a solution.
if interested then PM us access credentials for your shop.
Good day

What all access would you need?

Prestashop backend access? PhP Access? Database Access?

Alternatively if you are okay then we can connect using Zoom and I can give you remote access sharing my screen.

Let me know.

On 2/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, V-5 said:

What all access would you need?

Prestashop backend access? PhP Access? Database Access?

Alternatively if you are okay then we can connect using Zoom and I can give you remote access sharing my screen.

Let me know.

Hello,
We need back office and ftp access to check and help you to figure out the issue you have faced.
Good day

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:10 PM, PrestaServicePro said:

Hello,
We need back office and ftp access to check and help you to figure out the issue you have faced.
Good day

Private message sent with requested credentials.

Thank you @PrestaServicePro for reaching out to me and for helping me out with my issue that I have been facing and was unable to see anything post login to the backoffice as an admin.

I really appreciate your quick response and resolving a issue that is there in one of the Prestashop features that caused the so much inconvenience for me because of which I was unable to update anything from backoffice.

Thank you so very much. Appreciate your help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Im having the exact same issue as the poster, is there anyway you can post the solution?  I am on 1.7.8 and cleared cache, nothing works. Warehouse theme, no idea what else to do but it seems this is fixed for the orginal poster, any ideas what I can look at?

Thank you in advance

@isdngirl and @hs_gold

There is a known hack that more and more people are affected, one of the symptoms is that you can not login in admin and other is there is injected custom payment form that send money to hackers. Maybe it is not that in your case but better to check 

But there is a solution, (use google translate if needed)

aner script removes main hack files but it also gives you list of edited files that may also have some encrypted code (mostly at end of files)

Also explained here bit more

https://www.mediacom87.fr/en/how-to-prevent-hacking-on-prestashop-and-thirty-bees/

Well, maybe you issue is not a hack then, which is good. Still that cleaner script is maybe 5 min to check .

But with update, think there was few similar questions on forum, do a search. And like mention do try to empty var/cache folder

if you haven't already but also to try to open you admin from incognito/private browser window.

Do check also Network tab in your browser console and requests there. With and without debug mode, you may see some error on request to login.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, logging in is still not working.
Cleared Firefox buffer
The buffer folder on the server has been cleared
There are no errors on the Admin console page
When I try to log in with the admin username and password, the page simply reloads and no message is displayed.
Online users can log in and place an order.

I have also tried different versions of PHP, but it has not solved the problem.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same issue with admin login in prestashop v8.1. Username and password are accrpted and display the version number only.

Clearing browsing history, and downgrading the PHP version does not help.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Juras

IMG_4085.png

• 2 weeks later...

So at first I was using the 8.1.0 and was able to log in dashboard just fine. 

Printful told me I needed to downgrade in order to get their module to work, so I went to 1.7 and now it will Let me Login, but instead of going to dashboard, it take me to ... This sucks man... I've tried and tried and tried, off and on, since 2022 to use this darn software, but I'm starting to believe it's on it's way to being discontinued or nulled, because, this makes No Sense. All these people reporting the SAME thing for over a year just in this one section and there's not ONE official Prestashop person chiming in to help and there's not been a fix????!!!!

image.png.7a8a790f23e193b6ae908b9f1b3eff2a.png

1 hour ago, webcat said:

Thanks, but I'm sorry this doesnt help. I just want to be able to get to my dash as I should

Then I am sorry for you. When you are too lazy to do investigations and provide use with an error message that tells us what is going wrong in your installation then nobody will be able to help you. Then you better find somebody who takes a look him- or herself. But quite likely you will need to pay for that.

BTW: did you clean the cache after you changed the PHP version?

• Like 1

❤️ ❤️ RESOLVED. SOLUTION FOR YOUR ISSUE ❤️ ❤️

Hello to all who has been to this topic and are facing a similar problem that I had in the past which I was unable to resolve for more than an year. However, with the help of @PrestaServicePro the issue was resolved. 

It turns out that at some point in some version of Prestashop upgrade, there is a new function added to Prestashop which sends an email during the login process. Now the problem is that this new function is kind of broken and does not work properly and because of that broken function, after login, we are stuck on the screen where we see only the Prestashop login with the current version. 

This function needs to be disabled to make the shop work properly as usual where after login we are taken back to the dashboard.

So if you are technical enough to find that function and disable it, then great... go ahead and do it and see... hopefully your shop will start working properly again.

And if you are not too technical enough (like me), then maybe you want to contact @PrestaServicePro and ask them to help you out to fix this issue for you as well. 

I hope this helps you all who are facing this similar issue that I had where you are unable to go to Dashboard post login because of this broken function which is enabled during Prestashop upgrade where this function tries to send email after login.

• 3 weeks later...

How is it possible that no one has found the definitive solution? I have the same problem after I updated from 1.7.10 to 8.1.1. I tried disabling cookie checking, resetting the password directly via php, clearing the cache, various versions of php, nothing worked. How is it possible that so many people have this problem and prestashop doesn't solve it? here we are talking about a phantom new prestashop function of sending emails in the login process, not mentioned in any prestashop document. Sorry but I've been trying to solve the problem for days but I always hit a wall

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe60 said:

How is it possible that no one has found the definitive solution? I have the same problem after I updated from 1.7.10 to 8.1.1. I tried disabling cookie checking, resetting the password directly via php, clearing the cache, various versions of php, nothing worked. How is it possible that so many people have this problem and prestashop doesn't solve it? here we are talking about a phantom new prestashop function of sending emails in the login process, not mentioned in any prestashop document. Sorry but I've been trying to solve the problem for days but I always hit a wall

Quite simple: this is not one problem. This happens when there is some bug in a Prestashop installation. When you are logged in and have debug mode on you see the error. However, when you are not logged in you just see that it doesn't work and you have to do some digging to find out what goes wrong.