Missing Locales for French Canada fr-ca in Prestashop 1.7.5

8ternity

Hi,

Does anyone has experience how to fix missing locales in Prestashop 1.7.5 ?

Prestashop has wronly set the locales for French Canada "fr-CA" fr is the lang, CA is country. They Set qc-QC has iso code and its working that way, but Google Search console + Google Shopping is not indexing pages because they are not recognized the language qc and country code qc, which is normal, it doesn't exist.

I change manually qc-QC to fr-CA so now Google working well, but its broken Prestashop product editor, translations for modules, because Prestashop doesnt found the locales for jquery. 

I report the issue here in September 2019, and Prestashop has never fixed or scheduled when they will fix it. I think they will never did.

I check with 2 developper, no one has the experience to say if its fixable, but our store is bugged since 2019. Its complicate things because we can't edit products with Prestashop itself. We need to use a external software to edit products. Its also broke the symfony debug mode.

To translate modules, i need to go in MySQL database itself to translate some things.

I'm not a developer and this case is getting thigs way far complicated to resolve for me. I also report a problem with Web Service that Supplier is not working and they also never fixed it more than 2 years.

Anyone has experience with that and know how to fix this?

Thanks,
8ternity

Edited by 8ternity (see edit history)