Buy fitting service with product

Hi
I got a client looking for a feature, and I hope one of you might have a module recommendation or a clever way to solve their problem.

My client is selling wallpaper (For your walls, not your desktop background).
They are also selling the service of fitting of the selected wallpaper to the customers walls.
The price for fitting depends of the type of wallpaper, some types of wallpaper is easier to put up then others.
The current setup is that each type of fitting is created as a product, There is currently 5 fitting products.
Then each wallpaper product has the correct fitting product as a related product.
When the customer then selects the wallpaper they want to purchase, they can see the fitting as a related product.

The problem with this solution is:
- The customer might miss that fitting is a option. They first need to scroll down to related products, a then the fitting product might "drown" in all other related products
- The customer buys wallpaper/fitting by the meter. So if you need 20 meters of wallpaper on your wall, you will need to buy 20 x wallpaper and 20 x fitting. This can be a little confusing for some customers. There has been multiple cases of customers buying 20 x wallpaper and 1 x fitting or the wrong type of fitting.

The best solution would be a "Buy fitting?" check mark near the "add to basket" on product details which will then update the price.

My first solution would be to create a "include fitting" radio attribute and then create a combination for each wallpaper product.
Then it would be as easy as "Buy fitting: Yes/No"
But prices of both wallpaper and fitting is adjusted often, so it might be quite a lot of work to keeping all wallpaper prices up to date. It's a lot easier to update 5 fitting products than 1000+ products.

We have a shipping carrier called "Free shipping for fitting" it would be a plus if the customer could only select this option if a fitting was added to the basket, but this is not required.

Did any of you have the same/similar problem and found a good solution/module, then I would like to hear :)